Check out the West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Admissions 2020. WBUAFS has released the admissions of UG, PG, Ph.D. & Diploma Courses. Candidates can visit the official website of the University to get more details. Through this article, we are going to provide the details of the WBUAFS (पश्चिम बंगाल पशु और मत्स्य विज्ञान विश्वविद्यालय) like Admissions, the Application Process, Academic Calendar, Prospectus, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Faculty, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about WBUAFS Admissions 2020.
Other Links :
- WBUAFS Result
- WBUAFS Admit Card
- WBUAFS Courses and Syllabus
- WBUAFS Question Papers
- WBUAFS Time Table
Table of Contents
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
|Name of the Organisation||West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||UG, PG, Ph.D. & Diploma Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website||Click here|
About West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences
WBUAFS was established on 2 Jan 1995 by a Legislative Act. It was the second oldest veterinary college in the country and the college was expanded, enriched and functioned under the University of Calcutta until 1974. The UG campus is situated in Mohanpur, district Nadia, as the Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, WBUAFS. In 1974, the college was merged with Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (BCKV) in Mohanpur, district Nadia, as the Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences.
The research, extension & farm activities of the University are organized through the Directorate of Research, Extension & Farms of the University. The degree campus is shifted from Belgachia to Mohanpur in 2014. The PG campus is situated in Belgachia, Kolkata. The mission of this university is “to impart education, training & to conduct research in veterinary & animal sciences, dairy sciences, and fishery sciences and also to cater to the needs of the farming community of the State of WB.
Courses Offered and Duration
Here are the Courses and duration of West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences :
|B.V.Sc. & A.H. (Veterinary & Animal Science) Degree Program||5 and a half years|
|B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||4 years|
|B.F.Sc. (Fishery Science) Degree Program|
|M.V.Sc. (Veterinary & Animal Science)||2 years4 years|
|M.Tech. (Dairy Technology)||2 years|
|M.F.Sc. (Fishery Science)||2 years|
|Ph.D. program in Veterinary & Animal Science||3 years|
|Ph.D. program in Dairy Technology||3 years|
|Ph.D. Program in Fishery Science||3 years|
|D.V.P. (Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacy)||2 years|
- B.V.Sc. & A.H. – Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with a minimum of 50% marks secured from a recognized board.
- B.Tech. in Dairy Technology – The eligibility for pursuing this course is to pass 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with the min. of 50% aggregative marks from a recognized board.
- B.F.Sc. – Candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in Fishery Sciences with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- M.V.Sc. – Candidates who have passed B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree under the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) with a minimum of 55% marks.
- M.Tech. in Dairy Technology – Candidates who have passed bachelor’s degree in Dairy Technology with a minimum of 55% marks from recognized University.
- M.F.Sc. – Candidates should have to pass graduation in Fishery Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates should have to pass masters in relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Veterinary Pharmacy (D.V.P.) – Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics from a recognized school board.
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Admissions
West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Application Process
Step by step process to apply for admission in West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences:
- Visit the official website of the University – www.wbuafsce.org
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- A page with the Application details will appear on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Online Application’ tab. The application form will display on the screen.
- Upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
- Click here to view the fees structure of UG Courses
- PG Courses fees structure
- Ph.D. Courses fees structure
- Diploma Course Fee Details
- It is reliable and the fees are very cheap
- Easy to reach
- Every day there is a new doctor where the treatment is in a different way
- No admission facilities for accident cases
Ratings – 3/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the DVP course?
Ans. This program deals with veterinary pharmacy and its allied areas. Technically, this is a veterinary science program. Veterinarians generally possess an advanced Degree like B.V.Sc. or M.V.Sc.
How can I get admission in fisheries college?
Ans. One can apply for the bachelor’s courses in fisheries after the completion of 10+2 with PCB group. To become a fishery or Aquaculture graduate, you have to pass the entrance examination called the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Common Entrance Test.
What is the eligibility for Veterinary?
Ans. To be eligible for the Bachelor’s in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) course, a candidate should have to pass the class 12th (+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
How do you become a veterinary pharmacist?
Ans. The qualifications that you need to start a career as a veterinary pharmacist include a degree, a pharmacist license, and skills and knowledge in the field of veterinary medicine. An aspiring veterinary pharmacist can get a bachelor’s degree in a subject like animal science, chemistry, or health science.
Vivek Bhawan 68,
Kshudiram Bose Sarani,
Belgachia, Kolkata – 700 037,
West Bengal, India
Hope you may get the complete details of the West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences Admissions 2020 i.e., WBUAFS Admissions, the Application process, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Duration, Eligibility, Faculty, Fees structure, Important Links, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.