Check out the VSS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research 2020 Admissions. The University provides applications under MBBS, MD/MS, Nursing & DMLT/DMRT Courses. Through this article, we are going to provide वीर सुरेंद्र साईं इंस्टीट्यूट ऑफ मेडिकल साइंसेज एंड रिसर्च Admission Notifications, Application Procedure, Courses, Duration, Eligibility, Academic Calendar, Faculties, Fees Structure & Contact Details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the VSS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Admissions 2020.
- VSS Medical College Admit Card
- VSS Institute of Medical Sciences Question Papers
- VSS Medical College Result
- VSS Medical College Courses and Syllabus
- VSS Medical College Time Table
Table of Contents
VSS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
|Name of the Organisation||Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research|
|Location||Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Programs Offered||MBBS, MD/MS, Nursing & DMLT/DMRT Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Official Website||Click here|
About V.S.S. Medical College and Hospital
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research is formerly known as V.S.S. Medical College and Hospital or Burla Medical College was founded in the year 1959. This institute was popularly known as VSS. This college was run by the Government of Odisha. To provides a solution to health problems in western Odisha, the then Chief Minister of Odisha took the decision to set up a medical college at Burla. This institute is situated in Sambalpur, Odisha, about 330 km North-West to the Bhubaneswar.
VSS Medical College offers both UG & PG courses in the medical field. The college offers 74 places in PG courses. The college also offers diploma courses in various paramedical fields. The college has 7 hostels for males of which 5 hostels for undergraduates, 1 for interns & 1 hostel for postgraduates. It also has 4 ladies hostels, 3 of which are for undergraduate girls & 1 for nursing students. One more new hostel, for staff nurses. The college library has over 50,000 books & journals and can accommodate 500 students.
|MBBS||5 & half years (four & half-year in college & one-year compulsory rotating internship in affiliated hospitals)|
|Nursing Course||2 years|
- MBBS Course – Candidate has to pass 10+2 in biology, physics, chemistry & English as a mandatory subject with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from the recognized university and also have to pass an entrance test conducted by the institute.
- MD/MS Course – Candidates need to have completed MBBS/BAMS with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from the recognized university and also selected from as per their ranking in AIPGEE
- Nursing Course – Candidate has to pass 10+2 in biology, physics, chemistry & English as a mandatory subject with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from the recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE
- DMLT/DMRT Course – Candidate have to pass 10+2 in physics, biology & chemistry from the recognized university.
VSS Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Admissions
- MD/MS Admissions
- Documents to be submitted for MBBS Admission
- MBBS Admissions
- Nursing Course Admission
- DMLT/DMRT Admission
Steps to apply for the admission in V.S.S. Medical College and Hospital:
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.vimsar.ac.in/
- On the home page, click on the ‘Admission’ tab.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the desired course to download the application form.
- Here, fill the Online Application Form.
- Upload your passport size photo, scan copy of the certificate/mark sheet of Highest Qualification.
- Each scanned document must be in JPG or PDF format & less than 500kb.
- Then click on the “Submit” button to submit the form.
- Take a print copy of the application form for further usage.
- Officers of the Institute
- Govt. of Odisha
- Governing Body
- Executive Body
- Dean & Principal
- Medical Superintendent
- Academic Body
- Administrative Sections
- Students’ Union
- College Code for Students
- Hippocratic Oath
- Halls of Learning
- Sports & Games
- Post Office
V.S.S. Medical Sciences and Research Institute
Here we have provided the fees details of Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research:
- All types of medical services are available
- Low fees
- No cleanliness & lack of beds
- Worst staff
Ratings – 3.8/5
What are the courses were available here?
Ans. VSS Medical College offers both undergraduate & postgraduate courses in the field of medical science as well as other paramedical courses. Diploma courses were also available.
What is the admission procedure for MD/MS Course?
Ans. The admission is through Odisha PG medical Examination & at the national level through ‘All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination’ (AIPGMEE). 50% of the places are reserved for in-service candidates.
What are the Student facilities in VSS Medical college?
Ans. The institute has facilities for outdoor sports like cricket, football, basketball & volleyball and indoor facilities for badminton, table tennis & a gymnasium. There is also an auditorium with a capacity of 550 – the Indira Gandhi Auditorium.
Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
At/Po- Burla, Dist-Sambalpur,
E-mail: [email protected]
Hope you may get complete information about the Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Courses Offered, Eligibility criteria, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.