Check here the University of Mumbai 2021 Admission notifications. The University has opened admissions. The Courses offered by the university are UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma & Certificate Courses in regular mode and also offer UG, PG & PG Diploma Courses in Distance & Open Learning mode. Through this article, we have provided मुंबई विद्यापीठ Admission notifications, Courses & Duration, Important Links, Staff, Fees, Administration, Contact Details. Continue reading this article to get more information on Mumbai University Admissions 2021.
- University of Mumbai Time Table
- Mumbai University Results
- Mumbai University Admit Card
Table of Contents
University of Mumbai
|Name of the Organisation||University of Mumbai|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Courses||Regular mode – UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma & Certificate Courses
Distance Education Courses – UG, PG & PG Diploma Courses
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Contact Number||022 2654 3300|
|Official Website||Click here|
The University of Mumbai was established in 1857 which is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It offers bachelor’s, master’s & Doctoral courses, as well as diplomas & certificates in many disciplines like the Arts, Commerce, Science, Medical & Engineering. The language of instruction for various courses in English. The university has 2 campuses across Mumbai i.e., Kalina Campus & Fort Campus, and two outside Mumbai, one of them being Thane Sub Campus. The Fort campus carries out administrative work only. Several institutes in Mumbai earlier affiliated to the university are now autonomous institutes or colleges.
The University of Mumbai is one of the ancient & premier Universities in India. It is unique of its kind, present, the University has 56 Departments., 12 specialized Centres, 781 Affiliated Colleges, 2 main Campuses, 2 sub Campuses, 2 Model Schools & the ‘School of Engineering & Applied Sciences’ at Kalyan as the University’s own Engineering College. It has perhaps the most extensive geographical area under its jurisdiction from Thane district to Sindhudurg dist., a spread of more than 600 km.
Courses Offered & Duration
|Diploma Courses||1 year|
|Certificate Courses||6 months|
|Ph.D. Courses||2 years|
- UG Courses – Have to pass 10+2 from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- PG Courses – Have to pass 10+2+3 in relevant subject from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates must have to pass Masters or M.Phil. in relevant subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Diploma Courses – Have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Certificate Courses – The minimum eligibility is passing 10+2 with 50% aggregate marks in any relevant stream from a recognized board.
Distance Education Courses & Eligibility
- Online Admissions
- Online Admission for Distance Education
- Admission Notification (Marathi) DOL
Follow the below steps to apply for the admissions of University of Mumbai:
- Visit the University official site – http://mu.ac.in/
- On the main menu, click on the ‘STUDENTS’ tab which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘ADMISSION’ tab.
- Now search & click on the ‘Online Admissions’ link.
- Then a page with the Application form will display on the screen.
- Enter the necessary details & Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You can also download & save the form for further process.
- All Campus
- Health Centre
- Hostels Library
- Sports Complex
- Gym Khana
- Guest House
- Sports Complex
- Virtual Classrooms
- Campus Regions
- Health Care
- Knowledge Resource Centre
- Great for exploring knowledge
- Still runs by paperwork and sign and stamps
- User Unfriendly University
Ratings – 3.1/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the University of Mumbai Good?
Ans. Mumbai University was once among the best in India and Asia. In NIRF 2018, its nationwide ranking has nosedived into the 150-200 range. Not a single Mumbai university is among the Top 10 colleges in India. Delhi has five, and Chennai three.
How can I get admission in Mumbai University?
Ans. University of Mumbai Application Process, 2020. Candidates can apply the online as well as offline mode depending on the course they are applying for. For online registrations, candidates can fill and submit the application form on the admission portal of the varsity.
Which type of university is Mumbai University?
Ans. The University of Mumbai, informally known as Mumbai University is a collegiate public state university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra
The University of Mumbai,
Vidya Nagari, Kala Ghoda,
Fort, Mumbai 400032
Tel. no. 022 2654 3300
We hope you may get Complete information on the University of Mumbai Admissions 2021. Here we have provided the Admission Notifications, Application Process, Courses, Duration, Eligibility, Administration, Faculty, Fees & Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.