Check out the University of Madras Admissions 2020. The University provides admissions under PG, M.Phil., Ph.D. PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Courses in regular mode and UG, PG, MBA & MCA Courses in Distance Education mode. Through this article, we are providing UNOM(மெட்ராஸ் பல்கலைக்கழகம்) details like Application Process, Admissions, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Administration, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about Madras University Admissions 2020.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
University of Madras
|Name of the Organisation||University of Madras|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||General – PG, M.Phil., Ph.D. PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Courses
IDE – UG, PG, MBA & MCA Courses
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||2539 9422, 2539 9746|
|Official Website||Click here|
The UNOM was established on 5th September 1857. The establishment of UNOM Public Petition initiated on dated 11-11-1839. The Govt. of India formulated a systematic educational policy for India in 1854. UNOM was organized in the model of London University. It is the mother of almost all the old Universities of south India. It has been accredited by NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council) with the five-star rating 1st, & later with an ‘A’ rating and also recognized by UGC.
The University provides both UG & PG Education through the Affiliated Institutions which are spread over Chennai, Thiruvallur & Kancheepuram Districts. Apart from teaching, it also provides research activities in Arts, Humanities, Science, Management &Technology. A number of institutions affiliated to UNOM concentrate on research activities offering Ph.D. Programs in their respective fields of specialization. The University also offers teaching & research programs on its four campuses.
Madras University Regular Courses & Duration
|PG Diploma||2 years|
|Certificate Courses||6 months|
Institute of Distance Education Courses & Duration
To get University Departments Eligibility Criteria – Click here
- UG Courses – Candidates should have to complete (10+2) in a relevant discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks from any recognized Board.
- PG Courses – Candidates have to pass graduation in a relevant stream with a min. of 50% aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- Diploma Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
- PG Diploma – Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Finance or an equivalent bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- Certificate Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
University of Madras Admissions
- University Departments Admission Procedure
- Affiliated Colleges
- Online Ph.D. Admissions
- Admission to Ph.D. Degree Programme – January 2020 Session
Distance Education Admissions
Faculty / Administration
- The Senate
- The Syndicate
- The Academic Council
- Controller of Examinations
- Finance Officer
- Deans and Directors
- Special Officers
- Radiation Safety Officer
- Deputy Registrar
- Assistant Registrar
University of Madras Application Process
Step by step process to apply for UNOM Admissions:
- Visit the official website of the University – https://www.unom.ac.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ section which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Downloads’ tab.
- The links of Application forms will display on the screen. Click on the desired one.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
University of Madras Fee Details
- For Fees Details of all courses – Click here
- Historical Place which attracts people with its infrastructure.
- Wide range of Knowledge diversity to study
- Staff are not responding properly
- Not so great with Academics.
Ratings – 4.0/5
Is the University of Madras and Madras University the same?
Ans. Yes. They are the same. The University of Madras is a public state university in Chennai (formerly Madras), Tamil Nadu, India.
Is this University UGC approved?
Ans. The UNOM has received the University Grants Commission’s (UGC) recognition to offer 35 distance education programs from this academic year.
Who is the Vice-Chancellor of Madras University?
Ans. Professor P Duraisamy
Who set up this University?
Ans. The UNOM, a state-controlled institution of higher learning located in Madras, India.
The University of Madras
Navalar Nagar, Triplicane,
Chennai – 600005
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone – 2539 9422, 2539 9746
Hope you may get complete information about the University of Madras Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.