Download Understanding Natural Disasters Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. Students of PGDDM can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article, we are going to provide Understanding Natural Disasters Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions in this topic and Download Links. Continue reading the below article for more information regarding the Social Studies Notes.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Understanding Natural Disasters Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Understanding Natural Disasters|
|Useful for||Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management|
|Course Type||Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
- Understanding Natural Disasters
- Understanding Disaster Management
- Flood: Case Studies
- Drought: Case Studies
- Cyclone: Case Studies
- Earthquakes: Case Studies
- Landslides: Case Studies
- Avalanches: Case Studies
- Volcanic Eruptions
- Volcanic Eruption: Case Studies
- Heat and Cold Waves
- Climate Change: Global Warming
- Climate Change: Sea Level Rise
- Climate Change: Ozone Depletion
Natural Disasters Study Books
|Natural Hazards||Click Here|
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management. The following university students can also download these materials :
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- Boston University
Subject in the Semesters
Natural Disasters subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- PG Diploma in Disaster Management
We have mentioned some of the important questions in the Natural Disasters subject :
- Describe how a drought develops from the stage of meteorological drought to agricultural drought.
- List out NGOs and CBOs in your area and analyze their activities in disaster management.
- Describe the nature and types of floods.
- Differentiate between structural and non-structural measures of flood mitigation and discuss the importance of forecasting, warning and monitoring system in India.
- Discuss the causes and impacts of floods.
- Describe the drought management system in India.
- Discuss the causes of droughts with particular reference to variations in the performance of southwest monsoon.
- Describe the causes of cyclones.
- What are the two reasons of occurrence of cyclones in India?
- Discuss the earthquake risk mitigation techniques.
- What do you understand the magnitude of an earthquake? Describe the Richter Scale.
- List and discuss the essential elements of preparedness to meet the avalanche hazard.
- How would you distinguish between:
- Ice avalanche and snow avalanche;
- Dry snow avalanche and wet snow avalanche?
- What is the special feature of Stromboli Volcano?
- What are the symptoms of hypothermia?
- Discuss the pros and cons of the response strategies regarding sea level rise and suggest the best possible strategy in the context of India.
- Identity and explain the interacting components of the earth’s climate system.
- Explain the probable biological impacts of global warming climate change on agriculture and terrestrial ecosystems.
- What are the impacts of global warming on climate-related disasters? Also, explain the role played by oceans in modulating global warming.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Understanding Natural Disasters Study Materials Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.