Apply for 2021 Admissions at TISS. The University offers applications under the UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses. Candidates who are going to join this University were searching for Admission Notifications. Through this article, we are going to provide टाटा सामाजिक विज्ञान संस्था Programs, Duration, Eligibility, Application Form, Faculties, Administration & Fees Structure. Continue reading this article to get more information on the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Admissions 2021.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Time Table
- TISS Admit Card
- TISS Results
Table of Contents
TISS Admissions 2021
|Name of the Organisation||Tata Institute of Social Sciences|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Programs Offered||B.A., M.A., MPH, MHA, LLM, B.Ed.-M.Ed. Integrated, M.Phil., Ph.D., Diploma & Certificate Courses.|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||022 – 2552 5252|
|Official Website||Click here|
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences also known as TISS was organized in 1936 as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work. It was renamed in 1944. The year 1964 was a major event in the history of the Institute when it was announced Deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956. The TISS has over the cycles build bridges with many Universities over the world. We have signed MoUs and/or have increased linkage with some prestigious foreign Universities.
The Vision of the TISS has been to be an institution of completion in higher education that continuously reacts to growing social realities through the expansion & application of knowledge, towards building a people-centered, ecologically sustainable & just community that promotes & protects the worth, equality, social equity & human rights for all. TISS is a single organization that draws collectively high-quality scholars & practitioners from Socio, Economic, Political, Physical, Habitat, Engg., Health & Environmental Sciences & research plans combined with field action.
Courses and Duration
|B.A. Courses||3 years|
|M.A. Courses||2 years|
|B.Ed.-M.Ed. Integrated Courses||3 years|
|Ph.D. Courses||2 years|
|M.Phil. Courses||3 years|
|Diploma Courses||1 year|
|Certificate Courses||6 Months|
- Ph. D. Courses – Have to pass the Masters or M.Phil. in relevant discipline from the recognized University.
- M.A. Courses – Have to pass a bachelor in relevant discipline from the recognized University.
- B.A. Courses – Have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized board.
- M.Phil. Courses – Have to pass the Masters in relevant discipline from the recognized University.
- M.A. Programs – Apply
- Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes – Apply
- B.A. Programs – Apply
- Nirantar: Continuing Education Programmes (STP) – Apply
- International Students – Apply
Follow the below steps to apply for the TISS admissions:
- Go to the official website of the University – https://tiss.edu/
- On the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- From the opened page, search the desired program & click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Download the application form & enter the necessary details & submit the form.
- Take a copy of the form with you for further usage.
- Jamsetji Tata School of Disaster Studies
- School of Development Studies
- School of Education
- School of Habitat Studies
- School of Health Systems Studies
- School of Human Ecology
- School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
- School of Management and Labour Studies
- School of Media and Cultural Studies
- School of Social Work – Mumbai Campus
- School of Vocational Education
- School of Rural Development
- Azim Premji School of Education
- School of Gender Studies
- School of Human Resource Management
- School of Livelihoods and Development
- School of Public Policy and Governance
- School of Vocational Education – Hyderabad Campus
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- School of Social Work – Guwahati Campus
- School of Research Methodology
- Centre for Development Practice and Research, Patna
- Centre for Education Innovation and Action Research
- Centre for Excellence on Adolescents and Youth
- Centre for Library and Information Management
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Centre for Studies in Sociology of Education
- Centre for Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies
- Centre for Undergraduate Studies
- Mahatma Gandhi Academy of Human Development (MGAHD)
|Course||Fees in Rs.|
|Master of Health Administration [MHA]||49,000|
|Master of Science [M.Sc]||92,500|
|Master of Arts [MA]||49,000|
|Master of Library and Information Science [M.Lib.I.Sc]||49,000|
- Great service social sciences and social work education
- Neat & Tidy Place
- Pathetic University.
- Privatization of education
Rating – 4.3/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TISS famous for?
Ans. TISS Mumbai’s MA HRM & LR course is famous because of the quality of education it provides, it is arguably the best school in India to study HRM.
Is Tiss private?
Ans. While TISS is a public-funded deemed university, the perception is it is a private autonomous institute like other deemed universities in the state.
Tata Institutes of Social Sciences
V.N. Purav Marg,
Deonar, Mumbai 400088
Tele – 022 – 2552 5252
Email ID: [email protected]
Hope you may get details on TISS Admissions 2021. We have also provided complete information on the University like Applications, Courses, Duration & Eligibility, Administration, Important Links, Faculties, Fees Structure & Contact Details. Please do share this article with your friends.