Check out the Thiruvalluvar University Admissions 2020. The University provides PG, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses in regular mode and UG Courses in Distance Education mode. The Applications of this university are provided on the official website. Candidates can also check the admission notifications from our website. Through this article, we are providing Thiruvalluvar University (திருவள்ளுவர் யுனிவர்சிட்) details like Application Process, Admissions, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Administration, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the University’s Admissions in 2020.
Other Links :
- Thiruvalluvar University Time Table
- Thiruvalluvar University Courses and Syllabus
- Thiruvalluvar University Result
- Thiruvalluvar University Hall Ticket
- Thiruvalluvar University Question Papers
Table of Contents
|Name of the Organisation||Thiruvalluvar University|
|Location||Vellore, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||General – M.A., M.Sc., M.Phil. & Ph.D. Courses
SDE – UG Courses
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Official Website||Click here|
About Thiruvalluvar University
The Thiruvalluvar University was established in October 2002 in the Vellore district of Tamilnadu by the Govt. of Tamilnadu under the Thiruvalluvar University Act, 2002. The School of Distance Education (SDE) of the University has come into existence from the academic year 2011-12. The University is located on a sprawling campus at the Serkkadu near Vallimalai about 16 km away from the Vellore City on the Ranipet-Chittoor Trunk Road.
This University was named after the great Tamil Saint poet “Thiruvalluvar”. It has currently housed 7 departments namely Tamil, English, Economics, Zoology, Mathematics, Chemistry & Bio-Technology and 124 colleges affiliated to the University with Vellore, Thiruvannamalai, Villupuram & Cuddalore districts of TN State. The aim of this University is to provide facilities for advancement in Research & dissemination of Knowledge with a focus on the Economic & Social upliftment of the society.
TVU Regular Courses & Duration
|M.A. Courses||2 years|
|M.Sc. Courses||2 years|
|M.phil. Courses||2 years|
|Ph.D. Courses||3 years|
Thiruvalluvar University Distance Education Courses
|B.A. Courses||3 years|
|B.Sc. Courses||3 years|
- B.A. Courses– Candidates have to pass H.S.C or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- B.Com. – Candidates have to pass H.S.C or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- B.C.A. – Candidates have to pass H.S.C or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- B.Sc. Courses – Candidates have to pass H.S.C or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- M.A. Courses – Candidates have to pass a B.A. course or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- M.Sc. Courses – Candidates have to pass a B.Sc. Course or equivalent course from the recognized University.
- M.Phil. Courses – Masters’s degree in relevant discipline with 55% marks from the recognized University.
- Ph.D. Courses – Master’s degree with 50% marks or MA with 55 % aggregate marks from the recognized University.
Download Applications for Admissions
- Application for Eligibility certificate
- Application for Re-Admission
- Application for Private Tuition
- Application for Recognition
- Application for Migration Certificate
- Application for admission to Ph.D. Degree Programme
Faculty & Authorities
- Controller of Examination
- Academic Council
- Planning Board
Important Links of TVU
- List of Affiliated colleges
- Courses Offered in Affiliated Colleges
- Revised Affiliation Fees 01.07.2014
- Application For Affiliation – Annual Inspection For Unaided Courses
- Revised Application for Affiliation
- Formats of Inspection Commission report
TVU Application Process
Step by step process to apply for admissions :
- Visit the official website of the University – https://www.tvu.edu.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ section which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Download Applications’ tab.
- The links of Application forms will display on the screen. Click on the desired one.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
Thiruvalluvar University Fee Details
|Courses||Fees Structure (per year)|
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]||Rs. 19,600/-|
|Bachelor of Arts [B.A]||Rs. 6,120/-|
|Bachelor of Computer Application [B.C.A]||Rs. 12,185/-|
|Bachelor of Commerce [B. Com]||Rs. 7,860/-|
|Master of Arts [M.A]||Rs. 8,250/-|
|Master of Science [M.Sc.]||Rs. 20,950/-|
|Master of Philosophy [M.Phil.]||Rs. 24,000/-|
- Very easy to study here
- Good University for PG Courses
- They didn’t release results in time
- Lack of Facilities
Ratings – 3.5/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Is TVU is a member of A.I.U.?
Ans. Yes. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (A.I.U.).
How to get results of TVU?
Ans. Check our website to check the results of TVU.
Are there any courses offered in Tamil Medium?
Ans. B.Com., BBA, and M.Com offered also in Tamil medium that to in the School of Distance Education (SDE).
Is there any fee concession for students in SDE Courses?
Ans. 20% concession in tuition fee for women who have not availed concession otherwise.
Tamil Nadu – 632 115,
Phone – +(91)-416-2274755
Hope you may get complete information about Thiruvalluvar University Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.