Check out Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Admissions 2020. The University invites applications under B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.Tech., M.V.Sc., Ph.D., M.Sc., M.B.A. M.Phil., & PG Diploma Programs in regular mode & provides admissions under PG Diploma, Certificate, Skill Development & Self Employment courses in Distance Education mode. Candidates who are willing to join in this university are searching for its Admission Notifications.
Through this article, we are going to provide the details of the Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (தமிழ்நாடு கால்நடை மற்றும் விலங்கு அறிவியல் பல்கலைக்கழகம்) i.e., Application Process, Admissions, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Administration, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about TANUVAS Admissions 2020.
Other Links :
- TANUVAS Admit Card
- TANUVAS Question Papers
- TANUVAS Courses and Syllabus
- TANUVAS Result
- TANUVAS Time Table
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
|Name of the Organisation||Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||Gen – B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.Tech., M.V.Sc., Ph.D., M.Sc., M.B.A. M.Phil., & PG Diploma Programs
DDE – PG Diploma, Certificate, Skill Development & Self Employment courses
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||+91-44-25551586/ 87|
|Official Website||Click here|
The government of Tamilnadu established the 1st veterinary & animal sciences university on 20th Sep 1989 with its headquarters at Chennai with the name Tamilnadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University(TANUVAS). It is an autonomous institution governed by its Board of Mgmt. which regulates the policies of the university in accordance with the provision of act & statues. The Planning Board & the Finance Committee of the university also support the University administration.
Although the college was the 4th veterinary institution to be started in India, it was the 1st veterinary college in the country to be affiliated to a university, the University of Madras in 1935 & B.V.Sc. degree course was started in 1936. In 1969, the college was made as to the Directorate of Veterinary Education & Research. Realizing the main source of education research in animal & fisheries sciences so as to increase its productivity towards better income generation.
TANUVAS Courses and Duration
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||5 years|
|PG Diploma||1 year|
Distance Education Courses & Duration
- Pg Diploma Distance Mode Courses – 1 year
- Certificate Courses – 6 months
- Skill Development Courses – 3 months
- Self-Employment Courses – 1 month
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) – The eligibility for this course is the candidate has to pass Higher Secondary Course (10+2) with Biology or Botany & Zoology, Physics and Chemistry in the academic stream / Agricultural Practices / Dairy / Poultry in vocational stream.
- Bachelor of Technology – Higher Secondary qualifications (10+2) with Mathematics, Biology, Physics & Chemistry.
- Ph.D. in Animal and Veterinary Sciences / Food Technology – Eligibility for admission is the possession of a Master’s degree in the concerned field obtained from the recognized University.
- M.V.Sc. – Eligibility for admission is the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field from the recognized University.
- M.Tech. – Candidate has to complete his/her Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field from the recognized University.
- MBA – Candidate has to complete his/her Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field from the recognized University.
- M.Phil. – Candidate has to complete his/her Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field from the recognized University.
- M.Sc. – Candidate has to complete his/her Bachelor’s degree in the concerned field from the recognized University.
- PG Diploma(s) – Have to complete UG Degree in a relevant discipline from the recognized university.
- Pg Diploma Distance Mode Courses – Graduation in relevant discipline
- DDE Certificate Courses – The eligibility is 10th standard or its equivalent with experience in animal welfare activities will be preferred.
- Skill Development Courses (DDE) – The minimum qualification is from 8th pass to HSC.
- Self Employment Courses (DDE) – minimum qualification is from reading & write to10th pass
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Admissions
- UG Admission Notification in English, Tamil
- Important Dates of UG
- Public Notice of UG
- PG Admission 2019-20 – Counselling
- PG Admission Notification English, Tamil
- PG Prospectus
- Important Dates of PG
NRI Admission Notifications
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Application Process
Step by step process to apply for Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University Admissions:
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.tanuvas.ac.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Academics’ tab which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab
- The links of Application forms will display on the screen. Click on the desired one.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
Faculty & Administration
- Colleges / Institutes
- Research Stations, RRC, IAN, CFTU
- FTCs and ATIC
- University Publication Division
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Fee Structure
- One of the finest veterinary university in India.
- A clean govt veterinary hospital
- There were no negative reviews
Ratings – 4.0/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What is TANUVAS?
Ans. TANUVAS is a veterinary university founded in 1989 in Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
What is B.V.Sc?
Ans. Bachelor of Veterinary Science or B.V.Sc. is an undergraduate program in veterinary. Students who have passed 10+2 in the field of Physics, Chemistry & Biology are eligible for this course.
Is Veterinary a doctor?
Ans. A veterinarian is also known as a veterinary surgeon or veterinary physician is a professional who practices veterinary medicine by treating diseases, disorders & injuries in non-human animals.
Tamilnadu Veterinary Animal Sciences University,
Madhavaram Milk Colony,
Chennai – 600 051,
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91-44-25551586/ 87
Hope you may get complete information about Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.