Check out Tamil Nadu Open University Admissions 2020. The University invites applications under UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate & Vocational Courses in Distance Education mode. Candidates who are willing to join in this university are searching for Application Forms & Admissions Notifications. Through this article, we are going to provide the details of the Tamil Nadu Open University (தமிழ்நாடு திறந்த பல்கலைக்கழகம்) i.e., Application Process, Admissions, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Administration, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about TNOU Admissions 2020.
Other Links :
- TNOU Admit Card
- Tamil Nadu Open University Question Papers
- TNOU Time Table
- TNOU Result
- TNOU Courses & Syllabus
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Open University
|Name of the Organisation||Tamil Nadu Open University|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate & Vocational Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Official Website||Click here|
Tamil Nadu Open University was founded in 2002 which is located in Chennai. It is an Indian institution for Open & Distance learning established by the govt. of Tamil Nadu, India. It opened in 2003 was recognized by the UGC in Sep 2015. The University consists of 10,82,656 strength of students, 218 Programs of study across various disciplines & skills at different levels from Certificate to PG that are imparted through 13 Academic Schools, 5 Support Divisions, 1 Media Centre and a robust network of 515 Learner Support & Service Centres across the State.
With the sanctioned teaching staff strength of 65 & 77 non-teaching staff, the University is one of the 5, among the 15 Open Universities in the country, to have been accorded the 12B of the UGC. The Programs conducted by the TNOU have been recognized by the University Grants Commission, Distance Education Council [DEC], National Council for Teacher Education [NCTE] & Rehabilitation Council of India [RCI].
TNOU Courses & Duration
|PG Diploma||2 years|
|Certificate Courses||6 months|
- UG Courses – Candidates should have to complete (10+2) in a relevant discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks from any recognized Board.
- PG Courses – Candidates have to pass graduation in a relevant stream with a min. of 50% aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- B.Ed. – The minimum eligibility for B.Ed. is to pass B.A./B.Com./B.Sc. from a recognized board with at least 50% of aggregate marks.
- Diploma Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
- PG Diploma – Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Finance or an equivalent bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- Certificate Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
Tamil Nadu Open University Admissions and Application Form
Faculty / Administration
- Finance Committee
- Planning Board
- Academic Council
- Board of Studies
Here we are going to provide Study centers of Tamil Nadu Open University. Click on the below links to know about TNOU study centers in those areas:
Tamil Nadu Open University Application Procedure
Steps to submit an application for Admission in TNOU:
- Connect to the internet & visit Tamil Nadu Open University official website – www.tnou.ac.in
- The home page will appear, in the above screen, click the ‘ONLINE ADMISSION’ menu which is available on the top.
- A web page screen will appear for making entries of new registration of student seeking admission to Programs offered by TNOU for entering his/her application details
- On clicking the ‘NEW REGISTRATION’ button, the Login Screen will appear with buttons for Applicant Login, Study Centre Login & Regional Centre.
- Click on the desired login button & Submit the Application Form
Tamil Nadu Open University Fee Structure
- Click here to get Fees details of UG courses
- Get Fees details of PG Courses
- PG Diploma course fee structure
- Diploma Courses Fees details
- Fees Details of Certificate courses
- Very good course coordinators
- Hassle-free documentation
- Worst staff. They pick the call & cuts immediately. They don’t let you finish what you had to say.
- Invalid E-mail ID’s were provided.
Ratings – 3/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tamil Nadu Open University Recognized?
Ans. It has been several years TNOU has waited for approval from UGC to get recognition. It opened in 2003 was recognized by the UGC in Sep 2015.
Is the TNOU degree valid?
Ans. Yes, because TNOU is a recognized university established by the Govt. of Tamilnadu.
How can I apply for B Ed in TNOU?
Ans. Candidates can check eligibility criteria for TNOU admission in B.Ed Programme from below. The candidates should have pass graduation in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 stream. Trained In-service teachers with D.T.Ed. in any Govt. recognized school within Tamil Nadu state.
Can you start a degree in Open University at any time?
Ans. Qualification registration is open for courses in February 2020 and April 2020.
Tamil Nadu Open University
No 577, Anna Salai
Saidapet, Chennai – 600 015.
Tamil Nadu, India
Hope you may get complete information about Tamil Nadu Open University Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.