Check out the notifications of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admissions 2020. The University offers UG, PG & Diploma Courses in Regular mode and PG, PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Courses in Directorate of Open & Distance Learning (DODL). Candidates who are willing to get admission can visit the official website of the University.
Through this article, we are going to provide the TNAU (தமிழ்நாடு வேளாண் பல்கலைக்கழகம்) Admissions, Application Process, Courses Offered, Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Important Links, Faculty, Fees Structure, Contact Details. Continue reading his article to get more information on TNAU Admissions 2020.
- TNAU Admit Card
- TNAU Courses and Syllabus
- TNAU Results
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Time Table
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Question Papers
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
|Name of the Organisation||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||General – UG, PG & Diploma Courses
DODL – PG, PG Diploma, Diploma & Certificate Courses
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||+91 422 6611200|
|Official Website||Click here|
The University was established at Saidapet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India in 1868 which was later relocated at Coimbatore in 1906. The government of India ranked TNAU as the second among the State Agricultural Universities in India. The University figured 68th and 44th place in ‘Overall’ and ‘Universities’categories, respectively & Ranked 105th in QS-BRICS. In 1972, separate degree programs of B.Sc. (Horticulture) and B.E.(Agriculture) were started & 1979, a separate Faculty of Horticulture was established.
The University is offering 10 Under Graduate degree programs in Science and Technology are being offered in 14 constituent colleges and 27 affiliated (private) colleges located throughout Tamil Nadu, Forty Postgraduate Degree Programs and Twenty Six Doctoral Programs in 14 Colleges distributed in 11 campuses all over Tamil Nadu. A new degree program B.Tech.(Energy and Environmental Engineering) was started in 2004 & B.Tech. (Bioinformatics) during 2006. B.Tech.(Agricultural Information Technology) & B.S.(Agribusiness Management) was started in 2007.
TNAU Courses & Duration
Distance Education Courses:
|PG Diploma||2 years|
|Certificate Courses||6 months|
- B.Tech. – To pursue B.Tech. course one has to 10+2 / equivalent course with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from the recognized university.
- B.Sc. – Candidates have to pass 10+2 / equivalent course from the recognized university with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- M.Tech. – Candidates have to pass B.Tech. / B.E. or equivalent course with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from the recognized university.
- M.Sc. – Candidates have to pass an M.Sc. or equivalent course with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from the recognized university.
- Diploma Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
- PG Diploma – Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Finance or an equivalent bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- Certificate Courses – – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admissions
- UG Online Application Form
- PG Online Application Form
- Diploma Online Application Form
- DODL Applications
- Information Brochure for Diploma
- UG Information Brochure
- PG Admission information Brochure
- Online Fees Payment DODL
- DODL PCP Schedule
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Application Process
Step by step process to apply for Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admissions:
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.tnau.ac.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Academics’ tab.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab & again from drop-down menu, click on the desired course.
- A page will appear & click on the ‘Application form’ tab.
- Select & click on the desired Application form link. The form will display on the screen.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Fee Structure
- Unparalleled University in Agricultural Education
- Good Canteen Facilities
- Incapable to provide basic amenities
- Need to reduce burden on students
Ratings – 3.9/5
How many agricultural universities are there in Tamilnadu?
Ans. Apart from academic institutes, the University now has research programs at more than 32 stations, spread over in Tamil Nadu with more than 1200 scientists and teaching faculty.
How can I apply for Tamilnadu Agricultural University?
Ans. Through this entrance exam, students can get admissions in UG degree programs which are offered at various campuses of TNAU 2020 which includes Killikulam, Periyakulam Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, and Mettupalayam. Applicants can apply online as well as through offline mode.
Is there an entrance exam for Agri in TNAU?
Ans. It is the university level agriculture exam. This admission test is conducted for admission to various UG agricultural programs. The exam is organized in the month of June and July every year. The candidates must ensure their eligibility.
Is there any entrance exam for BSc agriculture in Tamilnadu?
Ans. Counselling, Courses, Review. … The University conducts an entrance test for admission to M.Sc., M.Tech and MBA courses. For M.Sc.-Ph.D., the candidate must have passed a 4-year degree program from any state agriculture university.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone – +91 422 6611200
Hope you may get complete details of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Admissions 2020 – Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.