Check out the Structural Engineering Course Details. Structural Engineering is a branch of civil Engineering. Candidates who have an interest in planning the structure of new large buildings & similar structures, then they may pursue the Structural Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Structural Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Structural Engineering Course Details like About Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Structural Engineering.
Other Links :
- Civil Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Industrial Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Structural Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 1.50 to 2.40 lacs for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Structural Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Structural Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Structural Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is Rs 3,34,225|
|Structural Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $65,175|
About Structural Engineering
Structural engineering is a sub-branch of civil engineering in which structural engineers are trained to design and create the form & shape of man made structures. They need to understand and calculate the stability, strength and rigidity of built structures for buildings and non-building structures. Theory of Structural Engineering is based upon applied physical laws and empirical knowledge of the structural performance of different materials and geometries. The designs of Structural Engineers uses a number of relatively simple structural elements to build complex structural systems. They are responsible for making creative and efficient use of funds, structural elements and materials to achieve.
Courses & Duration
Structural Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Structural Engineering consists of following core subjects:
- Introduction to Civil Engineering
- Introduction to Computing for Civil Engineers
- Problem Solving in Engineering Economy
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- Introduction to Mechanics of Deformable Solids
- Principles of Soil Mechanics
- Experimental Fracture Mechanics
- Elementary Structural Mechanics
- Finite Element Methods
- Structural Design and Testing Laboratory
- Elementary Structural Dynamics
- Steel Structures
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures
Qualification & Eligibility
The Structural Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Structural Engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Career & Scope in Structural Engineering
Structural engineers design the framework of buildings, pipelines, bridges & such constructions. so that these constructions can support their own weight and resist external forces such as weather & traffic. In addition to public safety concerns, The engineers must also take into account factors of aesthetics and cost efficiency. Some of the job posts available for Structural Engineers are:
- Planning Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Civil Engineering contractors
- Railway operators
Role & Responsibilities of Structural Engineer
- Analysis for the loads, design of sections of structures to sustain the loads
- Analysis of structures like ETABS, STAAD, SAP etc.,
- Interpret the results from the software to know the validity of the values provided as output.
- Coordinates and consults other members like the site engineers, geo-technical engineers, landscape architects, architects, other design engineers, project managers etc.,
- Collecting of sufficient information for the project to the execution of different activities on the construction site.
- Train the staff for special quality certifications or for special analysis or design software.
- Knowing the National codes of the area is an important technical knowledge.
Salaries of Structural Engineers
The Annual average salary of Structural Engineer is $67,208 per year. The highest pay is more than $96,265 per year and the lowest pay is less than $52,490 per year.The average starting salary of Structural Engineers in India is Rs 5,11,317 and the average salary per month is Rs.40,432 and salary of Structural Engineer per hour is Rs.345.00.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Structural Engineering Course Details like About Structural Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Role & responsibilities, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.