Download Strength of Materials Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Engineering and Technology. These Study Books will be useful for Mechanical and Civil Engineering students. The concepts of Stresses in Solids, Beams, Stresses in Shafts and Shell are well explained in these materials. We provide genuine notes relating to the subject. Preparation becomes easy by learning from these materials. Candidates can download the notes by the links given below.
Other Links :
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanisms
- Electric and Electronics Sciences
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- Construction Drawing
Table of Contents
Strength of Materials Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Strength of Materials|
|Category||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Useful for||Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Diploma Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Strength of Materials Study Books
|Strength of Materials||Download|
Chapters & Topics
Stresses in Solids
- Principle Stresses and Strain
- Thermal Stresses
- Simple Stresses and Strain
Forces and Stresses in Beams
- Strain Energy
- Direct and Bending Stresses
- Stress Distribution in Beams
- Stresses in Beams
- Shear Forces and Bending Moments
Stresses in Shafts and Shell
- Thick and Thin Cylinders
- Deflection of Beams
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering. The following university students can also download Strength of Materials study materials :
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Anna University
- GITAM University
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- Guru Jambheshwar University
- Sri Vidya College of Engineering and Technology
Subject in the Semesters
Strength of Materials subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Civil Engineering II Year IV Semester
- Mechanical Engineering II Year IV Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Strength of Materials subject :
|Stresses in Solids||Download|
|Forces and Stresses in Beams||Click Here|
|Stresses in Shafts and Shell||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Strength of Materials study materials :
- Define six stress components on mutually perpendicular planes at the requisite location.
- Describe the principal plane and principal stress.
- Describe various theories of failure.
- Explain the effect of temperature on bodies.
- Determine thermal stresses in uniform, stepped, tapered and compound bars.
- Determine the deflections of beams through the application of Castigliano’s theorem.
- A cylinder chimney of a hollow circular section, 2 m external diameter and 1 m internal diameter is 25 m high. Given that the horizontal intensity of wind pressure is 1 kN/m3, determine the extreme intensities of stress at the base. Take the coefficient of wind resistance as 0.6 and unit weight of masonry as 22.8 kN/m3.
- Define strain energy?
- Explain flitched beams and its equivalent section.
- Explain bending stress and moment of resistance.
- A rectangular beam 200 mm × 300 mm is 8 m long and is simply supported at the ends. It carries a point load of 45 kN at mid-span. Find the maximum bending stresses in the beam.
- Describe the shear force and bending moment and the relation between shear force, bending moment and rate of loading.
- Define Deflection?
- Define a shell.
- A thin spherical vessel of diameter 800 mm and thickness 6 mm is filled with a liquid at an internal pressure of 1.5 N/mm2. Find the increase in volume of the vessel, taking E = 2 × 105 N/mm2 and v = 0.3.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Strength of Materials Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.