Download Solid State Physics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Sciences. This subject is very important for B.Sc, M.Sc in Physics. This subject covers the topics of Crystal Structure, Electronic Properties, Material, and Devices, etc. Through this article, you can download Unit wise PDFs, Chapters, Topics, and Important Questions. Read the below article, to download the material PDFs.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Solid State Physics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Solid State Physics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc, M.Sc (Physics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation and Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Solid State Physics Study Books
|Solid State Physics||Download|
Chapters & Topics
- Structure Unfolding Techniques
- Reciprocal Lattice Space
- Crystal Geometry
- The World of Symmetries
Crystal Binding and Elastic Properties
- Thermal Properties
- Lattice Dynamics
- Elastic Properties
- Crystal Bonding
- Band Theory of Solids
- Free Electron Theory of Metals
Material and Devices
- Special Solid State Devices
- Special Materials
- Crystal Growth and Alloying
- Magnetic Properties
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Master of Science, Bachelor of Science in Physics. The following university students can also download Solid State Physics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Solid State Physics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Physics III Year
- M.Sc Physics I Year
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Solid State Physics subject :
- State why X-rays are appropriate to unfold crystal structure?
- Obtain Bragg condition for X-ray diffraction?
- Describe different experimental methods of X-ray diffraction to unfold internal structure of crystalline solids?
- Apply the concept of reciprocal lattice to X-ray diffraction?
- Determine symmetry elements of a crystal from its geometry?
- Classify solids as crystalline, polycrystalline or amorphous?
- Describe the correlation between the density of a material and its crystal structure?
- Explain the physical basis of Dulong-Petit law?
- Derive an expression for the heat capacity based on Einstein’s model of a solid and explain its limitations at low temperatures?
- Discuss the characteristics of acoustic and optical branches of the dispersion curve?
- Explain the elastic properties of non-cubic crystals.
- Describe the propagation of elastic waves in cubic crystals?
- List the various elastic constants for cubic crystals?
- Explain the role of energy density in deciding the number of independent elastic constants?
- Derive expressions for cohesive energies for ionic and van der Waals crystals.
- Describe the characteristic properties of solids with the nature of bonding.
- Distinguish a superconductor from a metal?
- Explain the difference between a perfect conductor and a superconductor?
- Describe the Meissner effect?
- Differentiate between type I and type II superconductors?
- Discuss the essential elements of BCS theory?
- State the characteristic features of high-temperature superconductors.
- Describe the applications of special materials.
- State distinguishing characteristics of special materials?
- Explain the process of crystal growth?
- Describe how crystal defects affect material properties?
- Explain the process of alloy formation?
- List applications of metal alloys.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Solid State Physics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.