Download Sociology in India Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. Students of BA, MA in Sociology can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article, we are going to provide Sociology in India Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions in this topic and Download Links. Continue reading the below article for more information regarding the Social Studies Notes.
Table of Contents
Sociology in India Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Sociology in India|
|Useful for||MA, BA in Sociology|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
Chapters & Topics
Emergence of Sociology in India
- Social Background of the Emergence of Sociology in India
- Emergence of the Discipline: Issues and Themes
- Village Studies in India
Perspectives on Caste
- Brahminical Perspective
- View from the Field
- Ambedkar and Lohia on Caste
- Census Perspective
Perspective on Family, Marriage and Kinship
- The Household and the Family
- The Household as a Cooperative—Conflicting Unit
- Marriage and Its Changing Patterns
- Descent and Alliance Approaches to the Study of Kinship in India
Perspective on Class, Caste and Gender
- Agrarian Classes and Categories
- The Working Class
- The Middle Class
- Gender, Caste and Class
Perspective on Tribes in India
- Tribe, Territory and Common Property Resources
- Tribe and Caste
- Elwin and Ghurye’s Perspectives on Tribes
- Social Differentiation among Tribes
Perspective on Religion
- Religion and Politics
- Religion and Culture
- Cohesive and Divisive Dimensions of Religion
Dynamics of Social Processes
Perspective on Social Movements
- Social Movements: Meanings and Dimensions
- Types of Social Movements
- Peasants Movements
- New Social Movements
Sociology in India Study Notes
|Sociology in India||Click Here|
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students of BA, MA in Sociology. The following university students can also download these materials :
- Tezpur University
- University of Calicut
- Utkal University
Unit wise PDFs
Here we have mentioned the unit wise PDFs of Sociology in India subject. Click on the below link to download it :
|Emergence of Sociology in India||Download|
|Perspectives on Caste||Click Here|
|Perspective on Family, Marriage, and Kinship||Download|
|Perspective on Class, Caste and Gender||Click Here|
|Perspective on Tribes in India||Download|
|Perspective on Religion||Click Here|
|Dynamics of Social Processes||Download|
|Perspective on Social Movements||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions in Sociology in India subject :
- Discuss the heritage of social thought in India?
- Explain the three major approaches of the Westerners to Indian society and culture?
- Discuss the early emergence of sociology in Independent India?
- Describe briefly the theoretical and methodological orientations of sociologists in India?
- Explain how and why sociologists/social anthropologists chose this field of study?
- Explain the position of Brahmins in society?
- What is Ambedkar’s interpretation of the Varna theory?
- Distinguish between family and household?
- Discuss the changes in the family in contemporary India?
- Describe the notion of agrarian societies?
- Discuss the difference between views of Karl Marx and Max Weber on class?
- Explain the relationship between gender and caste?
- Describe briefly the regional variations in gender, caste and class.
- Define social differentiation and types of social differentiation?
- Describe the process of globalization in terms of its features?
- Explain the concepts of social movements?
- Explain the types of social conflicts?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Sociology in India Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.