Download Society and Stratification Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. This subject will come mostly for Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, MA in Sociology students. You can download these books from our Exams Time website that are free of cost. We have provided the materials for the important aspects of Ethnic Stratification, Class in Indian Society, Social Mobility, etc. Students can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Society and Stratification Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Society and Stratification|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Arts, MA in Sociology|
|Course Type||Graduation, Post Graduation|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
Chapter & Topics
Introducing Social Stratification
- Social Stratification: Meaning and Approaches
- Approaches to Social Stratification
- Caste and Class in India
- Stratification: Implications of Gender and Ethnicity
Explaining Social Stratification
- Marx and Weber
- Parsons and Davis
- Coser and Dahrendorf on Social Classes
- Theories of Stratification: Towards A Synthesis Lenski, Luhmann, Berghe
- Ethnicity as a Basis of Stratification
- Tribal Ethnicity: The North-East
- Religious Ethnicity: The Case of Punjab
Gender Differentiation and Ethnicity
- Gender as a Basis of Discrimination
- Formation of Gender Identities
- Gender Status and Power
- Women’s Empowerment: Some Illustrations
Explaining caste in Indian Society
- The Basis of Caste Hierarchy: Purity and Pollution
- Dimensions of Caste: Rituals and Power
- Caste Identity: Attributional and Interactional Approaches
- Caste Dynamics: Economic and Political
Marginalized Communities and Stratification
- Status of Dalits
- Other Backward Classes
- Scheduled Tribes
- Marginalized Groups and Their Changing Status
Class in Indian Society
- Agrarian Class Structure
- Industrial Classes
- Middle Classes in India
- Class Conflict
- Concepts and Forms of Social Mobility
- Social Mobility in Caste and Class
- Factors and Forces of Social Mobility
- Consequences of Social Mobility
Social Stratification Study Notes
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and MA in Sociology. The following university students can also download these materials :
- Tezpur University, Assam
- Alagappa University
- Utkal University
Subject in the Semesters
Society and Stratification subject will be studied in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- BA Sociology IV Semester
- MA Sociology III Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Here we have mentioned the unit wise PDFs of Society and Stratification subject. Click on the below link to download it :
|Introducing Social Stratification||Download|
|Explaining Social Stratification||Click Here|
|Gender Differentiation and Ethnicity||Click Here|
|Explaining caste in Indian Society||Download|
|Marginalized Communities and Stratification||Click Here|
|Class in Indian Society||Download|
|Social Mobility||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions on the Society and Stratification :
- Outline evolutionary processes in societies and social stratification?
- Outline the dialectical theory and anthropological approach.
- Explain the various facets of caste in social stratification.
- Define the relationship between ethnicity and stratification.
- Explain the similarities and differences between Marx and Weber on Classes.
- Elaborate the difference between Marx’s conception of capitalism and that of Dahrendorf?
- Provide contemporary perspectives on social stratification?
- Explain the rise of ethnicity with the help of cultural ethnicity and political ethnicity approaches;
- Discuss the phenomena of ethnic stratification and ethnic nationalism.
- Explain the nature of gender relations both in terms of production and reproduction issues?
- Discuss the meaning and definition of women’s empowerment?
- Outline the historical context of caste?
- Discuss the various approaches for empowering women?
- Describe features of the caste system?
- Highlight the main aspects of the interactional approaches to caste.
- Explain political and economic sources of mobility and change in the caste system?
- Define Dalits?
- What is an Other Backward Class?
- Give a description of Scheduled Tribes?
- Explain the marginal position of women and analyze the status of children and the aged.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Society and Stratification Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.