Sikkim University Admissions 2021: Check out the Sikkim University Admissions 2021 for UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses. Here we provide all the Admissions 2021 (सिक्किम विश्वविद्यालय प्रवेश) details like eligibility criteria, fee particulars, courses offered, important dates, application form, joining date, the application process, academic period, counseling date, etc. Also, know how to apply for the application process at Sikkim University Admissions 2021.
Candidates who are willing to take admission in Sikkim University Under Graduate & Post Graduate courses proposed by the University are required to fill the application form. They will have to submit the application form in correct manner on or before the end date. The admission process of is going to start in April 2021.
Also, Refer to the following articles:
- Sikkim University Courses & Syllabus
- Sikkim University Hall Ticket
- Sikkim University Result, Cutoff Marks
- SU Time Table
- Sikkim University Question Papers
Table of Contents
About Sikkim University
Sikkim University located in Gangtok, the capital town of Sikkim operates from more hired buildings located along NH-10. The main office of the SU is located at Samdur, 6th Mile, Tadong. The permanent campus of the Sikkim University is coming up at Yangang in South Sikkim. The nearest airport & railway stations are Bagdogra and New Jalpaiguri etc.
Sikkim University Admission 2021 – Important Dates
|Event Name||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Application Form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form||2nd week of May 2021|
|Uploading of the list of eligible and pattern of examination and syllabus on the University website.||3rd week of May 2021|
|Date of written test for M.Phil & Ph.D||1st week of June 2021|
|Date of an interview of shortlisting M.Phil /Ph.D. candidate||1st week of June 2021|
|Declaration of 1 st list of selected candidates||2nd week of June 2021|
|Admission of selected candidates (1st list) including Hostel Admission||Last week of June 2021|
|2ns list Release Date||Last week of June 2021|
|Admission Date for 2nd list candidates||1st week of July 2021|
|Final counseling and filling of vacant seats & other||Last week of July 2021|
Department Wise Courses List
- Anthropology (MA/M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Bhutia (MA)
- Botany (M.Sc., Ph.D.)
- Chemistry (MSc., M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Chinese (BA, MA, Ph.D.)
- Commerce (M.Com.)
- Computer Applications (B. Voc- IT, MCA, Ph.D.)
- Economics (MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Education (MA, M.Ed, Ph.D.)
- English (MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Geography (MA/M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Geology (B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D.)
- Hindi (MA, M.Phil)
- History (MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Horticulture (M.Sc, Ph.D.)
- International Relations (MA, M.Phil)
- Lepcha (MA)
- Limbu (MA)
- Management (MBA, Ph.D.)
- Mass Communication (MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Mathematics (M.Sc, M.Phil)
- Microbiology (M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.)
- Music (BPA, MPA, Ph.D.)
- Nepali (MA, Ph.D.)
- Peace & Conflict Studies and Management (MA, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Physics (M.Sc, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Political Science (MA, Ph.D.)
- Psychology (BA/B.Sc, MA/M.Sc, Ph.D.)
- Sociology (MA, M.Phil)
- Tourism (MTTM, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
- Zoology (M.Sc, Ph.D.)
- Law (LLM, M.Phil, Ph.D.)
|1||UG||Applicants need to pass 10+2 with at least 45% marks.|
|2||PG||Candidates need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with a minimum score.|
|3||M.Phil. and PhD||Candidates with at least 55% marks in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply for M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs.|
Application Form 2021
Applicants who are waiting for admission to Sikkim University have to submit their application form on or before the last date. Before going to apply students must check all the details carefully and eligibility. The application will be available on the official site of the University. We will provide a link to apply online for the SU Admission 2021.
Sikkim University Admission fee
In last year, the cost of admission form and CAT Fee was Rs. 1000/- for General, OBC and EWSs and Rs. 500/- for ST/SC/PWD, so it may be revised for the academic year 2021-21.
Sikkim University – Admission Procedure
Admission Process for UG & PG:
All applicants received online within the specified date shall be scrutinized and selected in terms of eligibility criteria/guidelines laid down for the purpose and shall be uploaded on the University website www.cus.ac.in.
Candidates shortlisted for admission shall have their documents scrutinized on the prescribed date and take admission by paying requisite fees
Candidates whose results of the qualifying examination are pending are required to submit the same by the stipulated date, failing which their admission will be canceled and fee paid shall be forfeited. The vacancy so created shall be awarded to the next eligible candidate on merit.
Document necessary for verification (UG and PG):
- Bring a copy of the Online Admission Registration slip.
- Original Mark-sheet of all the exams with one self-attested photocopy (both sides) of each.
- Original certificate of age proof & self-attested copy.
- Original SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificates together with one xerox copy.
- Original income certificate of the family for EWS candidates from the competent authority.
- Original NSS certificate issued by the Coordinator/Officer from the respective institution.
- Original and one self-attested copy of Registration Certificate (If Applicable)
Admission Process of M.Phil & Ph. D:
Applicants with at least 55% marks for General and 50%marks for SC, ST and OBC (Central List) candidates in relevant/allied disciplines are eligible to apply for M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs
A candidate shall fill up the Admission Form online by paying a fee as an application fee through the online payment gateway.
Document for verification (MPhil and Ph.D.)
- Bring a copy of the Online Admission Registration slip.
- Original Mark-sheet (s) of all the examination (all semester/all years) with one self-attested photocopy (both sides) of each.
- Original certificate of age proof and self-attested copy.
- Original SC/ST/OBC/PWD certificates together with one self-attested copy. (If Applicable)
- Original UGC-NET (Including JRF) UGC-CSIR-NET (Including JRF)/ICAR NET/DBT-NET/SLET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship and MPhil Degree with one self-attested copy.
Sikkim University Counselling Process
Counseling will be held after the declaration of the Shortlist. Candidates are required to qualify for the entrance examination for the counseling procedure. Given below are some steps which must follow by the candidates:
- Firstly, the applicants must check the counseling schedule.
- Next, select a college according to the preference & interest.
- After that, you need to register themselves online for counseling.
- The next step is seat allotment, the preference submitted by the applicant will be processed and seats will be allotted to candidates.
- After allotment of seats, candidates must be present at the allotted college to secure their seats and pay the course fee.
- Candidates must bring all the required documents at the time of counseling for verification purposes.
This is one of the best university for students .it provide scholarship and all the other facility like wifi library etc .even I study on the college affiliated with Sikkim university. Security is also there on the university .so many diverse subjects to study .there’s hostels for boys and girls too. I personally like this university very much. and I am going to do my masters in this university after my degree. I recommend everyone to join this university because of its quality education quality services and it is located on Sikkim so the environment is also good for students such as a place that is beneficial to our health and mind too.
MU-DE widely known as Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education is supposed to be one of the best universities for distance learning. SMU is known worldwide. It is situated in Sikkim Gangtok. It also has its branches in many places in India as well as abroad. SMU offers many undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
1. I want to share my experience with Sikkim University and my relative joined in this institute and the academics of this college is not nice and the teachers are not trained the students in a great manner and the faculty of experienced is not working there and the college doesn’t have any placements in the college.
2. during the starting days of the college, the administration says that everyone will be placed but they are not placed and they bring fake companies as the placements in the college and they won’t provide offer letters for many days.
3. The college doesn’t encourage tours with friends and the extracurricular activities are also not encouraged in this college and the college is a very large one and the ragging is not banned in this college and the alumni of this college are not helping the students in their career settlements.
4. The academic syllabus is not completed by the staff in the college and they are not conducting exams in a proper manner and many fraud activities are done during exams and they encourage these activities.
SU Help Line
Sikkim University 6th mile, Samdur, P. O.: Tadong-737102 Gangtok, Sikkim
Email: [email protected]
In this page, we have given the information regarding the Sikkim University Admissions 2021-21. So, if you have any queries on this post contact via the comment box or go for the official website link is provided in the above paragraphs. Continue reading this article to get more posts from Sikkim University.