Apply for 2021 Admissions at Shivaji University. The University offers Admissions under UG, PG, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programs in regular mode and UG & PG Programs in Distance Education mode. Here we have provided शिवाजी विद्यापीठ details like Admission Notifications, Applications, Courses, Duration, Eligibility criteria, Administration, Important Links, Administration, Fees Structure, Contact Details. Read this article completely to get more details on the Shivaji University Distance Education 2021 Admissions.
- Shivaji University Time Table
- Shivaji University Admit Card
- Shivaji University Results
Table of Contents
|Name of the Organisation||Shivaji University|
|Location||Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Courses||Regular mode: UG, PG, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programs
Distance Education mode: UG & PG Programs
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact Number||(0231) 2609000|
|Official Website||Click here|
Shivaji University was established in 1962, is a state university located at Kolhapur, Maharashtra, India. The university, with a campus, vast over 853 acres, is named after Shivaji, founder of the Maharashtra Empire. It was inaugurated on 18 Nov 1962 by Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the then president of India. Yashwantrao Chavan & Balasaheb Desai took the lead in establishing this SU. Educational institutions from Kolhapur, Sangli, and Satara districts come under its jurisdiction with 279 affiliated colleges and recognized institutes.
It was established with jurisdiction over 5 districts including Ratnagiri and Solapur along with Kolhapur, Sangli, and Satara districts with 293 affiliated colleges & recognized institutes. In 1962 the University started functioning with 34 affiliated colleges & about 14,000 students with 5 PG Departments on the campus. Today the number of affiliated colleges has gone up to 293 and the student body has increased to 2,50,000 with 34 PG Departments on campus. The University imparts education in four major faculties of Humanities, Science & Technology, Commerce & Management, and Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies.
Courses and Duration
- UG Courses – Have to pass 10+2 from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- PG Courses – Have to pass 10+2+3 in relevant subject from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates must have to pass Masters or M.Phil. in relevant subjects with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- M.Phil. Courses – Have to pass the Masters or equivalent exam from the recognized board with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- Click here to Apply Online
- M.Phil./ Ph.D. Admission 2018
- M.Phil./ Ph.D. Admission 2019-20
- Admission 2019
- PG Admissions
Distance Education Admissions
- Master of Commerce (Valuation of Real Estate) Admission cum Examination Notification
- दूरशिक्षण केंद्राच्या विद्याथ्यांसाठी परीक्षेबाबतचे जाहीर निवेदन
- दूरशिक्षण केंद्राच्या अभ्यासक्रमांसाठी प्रवेश सूचना शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2019 – 2020
- B. A. Part I, II, and III
- B.Com Part I, II, and III
- M.Com Part I and II
- MBA Part I and II
- M.Sc. (Maths)
- M.A Part I Marathi, Hindi
- M.A Part II Marathi, Hindi, English
- M.A Part I Political Science, History, Sociology
- M.A. Part 2 Political Science, History, Sociology, Economics & Philosophy
- Consolidated Details of the admissions made for the session 2018-19 (July 2018) under Open & Distance Learning
- Consolidated Details of the admissions made for the session 2018-19 (Jan 2019) under Open & Distance Learning
The application process for the Admission in the Shivaji University:
- Visit the University official site – http://www.unishivaji.ac.in/
- On the main menu, click on the ‘ADMISSION’ tab which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the desired Admission links.
- From the opened page, click on the ‘Application form’ tab.
- Then the Application form will display on the screen.
- Fill the application form & Enter the necessary details.
- And click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor
- Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation
- Finance and Accounts Officer
- Maharashtra Universities Act of 2016
- General Statutes
- Circular of Statutes
- Ragging Prevention Act, 2009
- IT Policy
- Amendment in Mah. Public Universities Act
- Uniform Statute No.4 Of 2019
- Maharashtra Government Gazette
- Uniform Statute Regarding Autonomy
- Uniform Statute Regarding Penalty
- Department of Student Development
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- Research Fellowship (DRF)
- Earn And Learn Scheme
- Work On Demand Scheme
- Student Council
- Remedial Coaching
- I. A. S. Coaching
- Ragging Prevention Act of 2009
- Student Development Cell
- University Student Grievance Redresses Cell
- Institutional Student Grievance Redressal Cell
- Nice Environment’
- Well equipped educational departments
- Worst paper checking
- Fail students in exam purposely
Ratings – 4.2/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the university located?
Ans. Shivaji University is located in Kolhapur (District Headquarters), Maharashtra State, India.
Are there any sub-campuses offering the programs?
Ans. Shivaji University does not have any sub-campus.
What are the eligibility criteria for admission?
Ans. Please refer to the provisions of RRD 2 in M.Phil. & Ph.D. Prospectus 2018-19.
What is the quota for admission for home/other university students?
Ans. Out of the total available seats, 90% of seats are available for home university students and 10% seats are available for other university students.
Kolhapur – 416004
Call us : (0231) 2609000
We hope that you may get complete details on the Shivaji University Admissions 2021. We have provided the University’s Admission details like Applications, Admission Process, Programs, Duration, Eligibility, Important Links, Fees Structure, Administration, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.