Check out the Senate of Serampore College (University) Admissions 2020. The University releases Admissions under D.Th., M.Th., MCP, B.D., B.Th., B.Miss., Dip.C.P.C., D.Min., M.C.S., B.C.S., Dip.C.S., Dip.B.T. & DWM Courses. Candidates can visit the official website to get more details of Serampore College. Through this article, we are going to provide the details of सीरमपुर कॉलेज (विश्वविद्यालय) की सीनेट like Admissions, the Application Process, Academic Calendar, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Faculty, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the Senate of Serampore College (University) Admissions 2020.
- Senate of Serampore College (University) Time Table
- Serampore College Results
- Serampore College Admit Card
Table of Contents
Senate of Serampore College (University)
|Name of the Organisation||Senate of Serampore College|
|Location||Serampore, West Bengal|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||D.Th., M.Th., M.C.P., B.D., B.Th., B.Miss., Dip.C.P.C., D.Min., M.C.S., B.C.S., Dip.C.S., Dip.B.T. & DWM Courses.|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||+91 33 26622692|
|Official Website||Click here|
About Senate of Serampore College (University)
The College was established in 1818, the Danish settlement of Serampore by the pioneer Christian missionaries, William Carey, Joshua Marshman and William Ward for the instruction of Indian youth in Christianity and the sciences. The Senate College Council is the supreme body in the structure of the College. Incorporated by the Royal Charter in 1827 by the Danish King, Frederick, VI. The Council continues to exercise its overall responsibilities for these unique institutions.
The College is the creation of the Serampore College Act-1918. This College is to be understood as the arm of Serampore College (University) in this sense. In the development of Serampore College after 1910, the teaching activities of the College were organized in 2 Departments – Arts Science Commerce (ASC) dept. and Theology Dept. The ASC Department is affiliated to the University of Calcutta. Theology is not an affiliated college but is an integral part of the Serampore System.
Courses Offered and Duration
Senate of Serampore College Courses and their Duration :
|Doctor of Theology (D.Th.)||3 years|
|Master of Christian Studies (M.C.S.)||3 years|
|Bachelor of Divinity (B.D.)||4 years|
|Integrated Bachelor of Divinity||5 years|
|Bachelor of Christian Studies (B.C.S.)||4 years|
|Bachelor of Missiology (B.Miss.)||3 years|
|Diploma in Clinical Pastoral Counselling (Dip.C.P.C.)||2 years|
|Diploma in Christian Studies (Dip.C.S.)||2 years|
|Master of Theology (M.Th.)||2 years|
|Master of Counselling and Psychotherapy (M.C.P.)||2 years|
|Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.)||4 years|
|Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)||3 years|
|Diploma in Bible Translation (Dip. B.T.)||2 years|
|Diploma in Worship and Music (DWM)||1 year|
The following eligibility conditions should be satisfied for Senate of Serampore College Admissions :
- Doctor of Theology (D.Th.) – M.Th. degree of the Senate with a minimum of ‘B’ grade or a person who in the opinion of the Committee for Research holds an equivalent qualification.
- Master of Christian Studies (M.C.S.) – B.C.S. degree of the Senate with a min. of ‘B’ grade.
- Bachelor of Divinity (B.D.) – A candidate who has completed a Bachelor’s or Post Graduate degree from a recognized University shall be admitted to the 1st year of the 4 year BD degree program.
- 5 years Integrated Bachelor of Divinity – A candidate who has passed the higher secondary examination – 12th or its recognized equivalent program shall be admitted to the 5 year BD degree program.
- Bachelor of Christian Studies (B.C.S.) – A holder of Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized Indian University (OR) a holder of the B.Th. Degree of Serampore College & has already passed the 2 qualifying English papers.
- Bachelor of Missiology (B.Miss.) – Candidate should have completed 18 years of age and have passed 10+2 in the recognized University.
- Diploma in Clinical Pastoral Counselling (Dip.C.P.C.) – passed the B.Th./B.D. Degree of Serampore College or its recognized equivalent (academic) (OR) completed 3 years in Pastoral Ministry (OR) A person who holds a UG Degree of a University and had completed at least 3 years of work experience or involvement in some form of Lay Ministry of the Church as determined by the admitting institution & subject to passing the aptitude test as under 1(c).
- Diploma in Christian Studies (Dip.C.S.) – Completed 18 years of age, Passed 10+2 with eligibility to enter a degree course of a University (OR) Passed 10th class and should have had experience of a minimum five years in any form of service acceptable to the Senate.
- Master of Theology (M.Th.) – passed the bachelor’s degree in Theology from the recognized University.
- Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) – A holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in a recognized Indian University.
- Process of Admission
- Faculty of Theology Registration Form
- Entrance Exam Form
- Common Entrance Exam
- M.TH. Qualifying Exam
- D.Min Entrance Application Form 2019
Senate of Serampore College – Faculty
- Faculty Profile Form
- Members of the Senate
- Officers of the Senate
- Council of Serampore College
- Wings of Senate
Check out the Fee Details of various courses in Senate of Serampore College :
- Excellent University for theological studies
- Offers Different Courses
- There are no negative reviews on this University
Rating – 3.7/5
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the theological Study?
Ans. Academic studies dealing with the knowledge of God/divine, religious doctrines, and philosophy, religious traditions, etc., are considered to be theological studies. In the context of Serampore College (University), it is meant, studies in Christian religious tradition and theology.
Does it mean that these college degrees are not open to people of other faiths?
Ans. A few of Serampore diploma/degree are meant for all. The College offers a Diploma in Christian Studies, Diploma in Bible Translation & Bachelor of Christian Studies to anyone who wishes to study Christianity as an academic discipline.
What is the purpose of this college offering degrees in Theology?
Ans. Serampore College Act is meant for the College to offer degrees in the Faculty of Theology for the diversified ministries of the Church, therefore its degrees are meant for the ministries of the Church and for Christians. Most of the graduates of Serampore College (University) take up the priest-hood as their profession/vocation in the church.
Is there any professional course available to graduates?
Ans. Diploma in Pastoral Care and Counselling (DCPC) is available to graduates with work experience in some kind of ministry.
Senate of Serampore College,
Mac House Complex
William Carey Road
Serampore, Hooghly Dist.,
West Bengal, India – 712 201
Tel No: +91 33 26622692
Hope you may get complete details of the Senate of Serampore College (University) Admissions 2020 – Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Fees Structure, Faculty, Important Links, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.