Download Public Economics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. This subject will come mostly for MA in Economics. You can download these books from our Exams Time website that are free of cost. We have provided the materials for the important aspects of Social Choice and Collective Decision Making, Public Debt, Tax Theory, etc. Economics students can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
- International Trade and Finance
- Research Methods in Economics
- Econometric Methods
- Financial Institutions and Markets
Table of Contents
Public Economics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Public Economics|
|Useful for||Master of Arts (MA)|
|Course Type||Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Public Economics: Basic Concepts
- Welfare Foundations of Economic Policies
- Theory of Market Failure
- Voting and Local Public Goods
Social Choice and Collective Decision Making
- Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem:Social Choice and Individual Values
- Normative Models: Equity and Justice
- Spatial Voting Models
Public Policy: Mechanism Design, Agenda Setting and Information
- The Basic of Public Policy
- Mechanism Design
- International Policy Coordinator
Rudiments of Tax Theory
- Commodity Taxes
- Direct Taxes
- Introduction to Optimal Taxation
- Theory of Public Debt
- Sources of Public Debt
- Management of Public Debt
- Fiscal Federalism and Fiscal Policy
- Equity and Efficiency Issues
- State and Local Goods
Public Economics Study Books
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts in BA & MA. The following university students can also download Public Economics study materials :
- Rai Technology University
- University of Calicut
- NIILM University
Subject in the Semesters
Public Economics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- MA Economics II Year
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Public Economics :
|Public Economics: Basic Concepts||Download|
|Social Choice and Collective Decision Making||Click Here|
|Public Policy: Mechanism Design, Agenda Setting and Information||Download|
|Rudiments of Tax Theory||Click Here|
|Public Economics||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Public Economics :
- Describe the domain of Public Economics?
- What are the characteristic features of public interventions?
- Distinguish between public and merit goods?
- Explain the phenomena of externality and its significance?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of decentralized provisioning of local public goods?
- Distinguish the concept of social welfare form that of ‘social justice’ bringing the relevance of Rawl’s and Bentham’s Social Welfare Functions?
- Describe the concept of equity and analyse it from the point of view of justice and fairness?
- What is Policy Process?
- Explain that Heterogeneity is the sole cause of conflict of interests?
- Explain that Policy process is ‘dynamic’ played by uncertainties and heterogeneity of agents?
- Explain that national boundaries act like institutions in policy process and affect policies of both sides of the boundary?
- Explain “the problem of coordination” in policy process?
- Explain reasons behind “coordination failure”?
- Describe management of fiscal policy in the context of fiscal federalism;
- Explain the functional assignment of responsibility and revenue sources in federal countries?
- Explain the rationale of intergovernmental transfers in the form of grants?
- Describe the issues relating to fiscal competition among jurisdiction and its effect.
- Explain the important equity and efficiency issues in a federal economy?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Public Economics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.