Check out the information about the 2020 admissions of Pondicherry University. The University recently released the Admissions Notifications. The University invites students by offering PG, MCA, M.P.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D., PG Diploma & Certificate Courses in regular mode and by offering UG, PG & MBA Courses in DDE mode.
In this article, we are going to provide details like Admissions, Application Process, Courses & its Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Fees Structure, Faculty, Important Links, Distance Education & Contact Details of PU (பாண்டிச்சேரி பல்கலைக்கழகம்). Read this article completely to obtain more information about Pondicherry University Admissions 2020.
- PU Courses and Syllabus
- Pondicherry University Question Papers
- PU Time Table
- Pondicherry University Result
- PU Hall Ticket
Table of Contents
|Name of the Organisation||Pondicherry University|
|Location||Kalapet, Puducherry, India|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||General – PG, MCA, M.P.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D., PG Diploma & Certificate Courses
DDE – UG, PG & MBA Courses
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||0413 – 2655179|
|Official Website||Click here|
PU was established in 1985 by the Govt. of India in Kalapaet, Puducherry. The University has 50,000 students in its 90 affiliated colleges including 10,000 students in the distance education (DDE) mode. The Current On-campus strength of this university is 6,500. It has introduced the Choice Based Credit System [CBCS] & Online Admissions for Post Graduate Courses. The university library, named after Ananda Ranga Pillai, was established on Sept 1986.
This University became India’s fastest-growing central university with 300% all-round growth in Students, Faculty, Infrastructure, Teaching programs & Research projects. The Faculty are from 22 states, students from 30 states & union territories. It also has some social-oriented plans for students i.e., Rent-free hostels to girls, Free education & free hostels to all physically challenged, Free transport to students,100% disabled-friendly buildings & special library for visually challenged.
Pondicherry University Regular Courses & Duration
|PG Diploma||1 year|
|Certificate Courses||1 year|
Directorate of Distance Education Courses & Duration
Here we have provided the eligibility for both Regular & Distance Education Courses:
- UG Courses – Candidates should have to complete (10+2) in a relevant discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks from any recognized Board.
- PG Courses – Candidates have to pass graduation in a relevant stream with a min. of 50% aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- M.Phil. Courses – Candidates have to pass his / her masters in the relevant discipline from any recognized University.
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates have to pass Masters or M.Phil. in the relevant discipline from any recognized University.
- PG Diploma – Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Finance or an equivalent bachelor’s degree with 50% of marks from a recognized university.
- Certificate Courses – Candidates have to pass (10+2) / equivalent examination in a relevant stream with a min. of 40% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
Pondicherry University Admissions
Administration / Faculty
- Faculty Profile
- Faculty of Distance Education
- Director SEI & RR
- Director C & CR
- Finance Officer
- Controller of Examinations
Pondicherry University Application Process
Step by step process to apply for the Admissions :
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.pondiuni.edu.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ section which is at the top of the page.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Downloads’ tab.
- The links of Application forms will display on the screen. Click on the desired one.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
- Good Ambiance
- Excellent Coaching
- Poor Lab Facilities
- Not responding to mails
Ratings – 4.2/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Is PU UGC approved?
Ans. Yes. All the Programs offered by PU are approved by the Joint Committee of DEC, AICTE & UGC. It may also be noted that this University is a Central University, completely funded by the Govt. of India.
What is a famous Pondicherry?
Ans. Tourists in Pondicherry can also indulge in various water activities like surfing, scuba diving, etc. if they are seeking an adrenaline rush. For seekers of spirituality, Pondicherry is known for Aurobindo Ashram & Auroville attracting thousands of tourists to explore this beautiful city.
How do I contact PU?
Ans. Contact Office:
The Assistant Registrar,
Intercom : (2654) 206.
Is Pondicherry University good for MBA?
Ans. The campus provides a good ambiance. Placements of our university go up to an average of 4.32 LPA in the master of business management. And faculty also supports a lot in this concern.
Bharat Ratna Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Administrative Building,
Puducherry – 605014.
Tel: 0413 – 2655179
Hope you may get complete information about Pondicherry University Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.