Download Plant Diversity II Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for School of Sciences. Under Graduation students of B.Sc. can download these books to prepare for their Exams. Topics of Diversity of Plants and Related Organisms, Algae, Fungi, Bryophytes, etc. are provided in these materials. Study Books and Notes of this subject can be downloaded by the links given below. Read the below article, for more information of Study Materials.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Plant Diversity II Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Plant Diversity II|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc, M.Sc (Zoology)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Diversity of Plants and Related Organisms
- Introduction to Cyanobacteria, Fungi, Algae and Lower Plants
- Plants and Related Organisms and their Classification
- Algae and Human Welfare
- Algal Habitats and Distribution
- Classification of Algae
- Reproduction in Algae
- Comparative Morphology and Cell Structure in Algae
- Role of Fungi in Human Welfare
- Fungal Diseases
- Comparative Account of Reproduction in Fungi
- Fungal Habitats and Morphology
- Importance and Uses of Bryophytes
- Reproduction and Evolutionary Trends in Bryophytes
- Morphology and Anatomy of Bryophytes
- Resume: Lower Plants
- Comparative study of Reproduction in Pteridophytes
- Pteridophytes: Comparative Morphology and Anatomy
Plant Diversity II Study Books
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree & Master’s Degree in Science (Botany). The following university students can also download Plant Diversity II study materials :
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Calcutta
- Delhi University
- University of Calicut
- Bangalore University
- Kanpur University
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
Subject in the Semesters
Plant Diversity II subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Botany I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Plant Diversity II subject :
|Diversity in Chordates||Download|
|Functional Anatomy of Chordates – I||Click Here|
|Functional Anatomy of Chordates – II||Download|
|Adaptations and Behavioural Patterns||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Plant Diversity II :
- Differentiate between living and nonliving things?
- List the characteristics of plants and distinguish them from non-plants.
- Describe the present concept of how cell organelles evolved.
- Distinguish between two major types of cellular organization, namely, prokaryotic and eukaryotic.
- Describe the characteristics of different groups of organisms.
- Discuss the evolutionary history of each group.
- Discuss the commercial production and consumption of algal foods in various countries.
- Describe the various types of habitats of algae.
- Describe algal association with plants and animals.
- Explain why algae are classified as protists instead of plants.
- List the various divisions of algae and describe the characteristics of each.
- Describe the four basic types of life cycle found in algae.
- Discuss the origin and evolution of sex in algae.
- Distinguish the three types of union of gametes – isogamy, anisogamy, and oogamy in algae.
- Describe the basic types of thallus in algae.
- Describe the basic features of various cell organelles present in prokaryotic and eukaryotic algae.
- Describe the general characteristics of bryophytes.
- Describe the adaptations acquired during move from water to land.
- Explain polarity, regeneration, apogamy, and apospory.
- Describe the heterospory and origin of seed habit.
- Discuss the evolution of stele in pteridophytes.
- List the general characteristics of reproductive organs of pteridophytes.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Plant Diversity II Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.