Check out the Petroleum Engineering Course Details. Petroleum Engineering is one of the emerging and highest paying field. Candidates who are interested in science or in oil & gas methodology subjects may pursue this Petroleum Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Petroleum Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Petroleum Engineering Course Details like About Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Petroleum Engineering.
Other Links :
- Chemical Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Automobile Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Petroleum Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 3 to 6 Lakh for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Petroleum Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Petroleum Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Petroleum Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs. 3.9L to Rs. 2.26M.|
|Petroleum Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $1,18,428|
About Petroleum Engineering
Petroleum engineering is the combination of innovation, exploration & expansion. They also study about the designing aspect of oil and gas reservoirs used for storage and transportation This major provides the building blocks for every other profession to effectively carry out its work. It is a field with the activities related to the production of hydrocarbons, which can be either crude oil or natural gas. petroleum engineering is the oil and gas industry of two main subsurface disciplines, which focus on maximizing economic recovery of hydrocarbons from subsurface reservoirs. Petroleum Engineering course also explains procedure of drilling the surface of the earth for refining petroleum products.
Courses & Duration
Petroleum Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Petroleum Engineering consists of following subjects:
- Organic Chemistry
- Reservoir Rocks and Fluid Properties
- Fluids and Solid Operations
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Geology
- Heat Transfer
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management in Petroleum Industries
- Reservoir Engineering
- Well Logging
- Drilling Fluids and Cementing Techniques
- Petroleum Production Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
Qualification & Eligibility
The Petroleum Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part in the admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Petroleum Engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Mumbai
- Indian School of Mines University(ISM), Dhanbad
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), UttarPradesh
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU), Gandhinagar
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT), Pune
- M. S Engineering College, Bangalore
- L.D College Of Engineering, Ahmedabad
- G.H Patel College Of Engineering, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat
- Universities of Petroleum and Energy Studies(UPES), Dehradun
Petroleum Engineering career and scope
After pursuing their graduation,Petroleum Engineers have many career paths. Petroleum engineers are demanded globally. Plenty of jobs are available for the graduates of this field. Many petroleum and gas companies offers job to petroleum engineers. Petroleum engineers can also work in drilling sites. Job opportunities for the professionals of this field also exist in foreign countries. After pursuing their graduation they may take up jobs like
- Petroleum engineer
- Assistant engineer
- Reservoir engineer
- Production engineer
- Pipeline Transportation Engineer
- Refinery Manager
- Site engineer
- Drilling specialist
Role & Responsibilities of Petroleum Engineer
- Coordinate activities of all workers involves planning, research & development.
- Inspect gas and oil wells to identify installations are completed.
- Design and execute environmental controls on oil and gas operations.
- Assign work to personnel to gain maximum utilization of staff.
- Ensure to take samples to analyze quantity and quality of oil, depth where resources lie along with equipment required to extract them suitably.
- Design / change mining plus oil field machinery along with tools.
- Tests all petroleum related equipment and machinery to ensure safety and security.
- Applies engineering principles to all petroleum machinery.
Salaries of petroleum Engineers
Petroleum Engineering is one of the highest paid engineering disciplines. The Annual average salary of Petroleum Engineer in India is Rs.9,55,980 per year and the average salary of per hour is Rs.2000. The highest pay is more than Rs.2.26M per year and the lowest pay is less than Rs.3.9L per year.The average starting salary of Petroleum Engineers is generally between 3-7 Lakh Rupees per year. In abroad, they can earn an average salary of $1,18,428.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Petroleum Engineering Course Details like About Petroleum Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.