Download Oscillations and Waves Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for School of Sciences. These study books will be more useful for Science Students. The basic topics in this subject are Coupled Oscillations, Forced Oscillations, Superposition of Waves, Wave Motion, etc. Download Unit PDF files, Important Questions, Chapters & Topics by the links provided below on our Exams Time.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Oscillations and Waves Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Oscillations and Waves|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science (Physics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Waves and Oscillations Study Books
|Oscillations – Waves||Download|
Chapters & Topics in Oscillations and Waves
- Coupled Oscillations
- Forced Oscillations and Resonance
- Damped Harmonic Motion
- Superposition of Simple Harmonic Oscillations
- Simple Harmonic Motion
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Physics. The following university students can also download Oscillations and Waves study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
- IIT Kharagpur
Subject in the Semesters
Oscillations and Waves subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) I Year
Unit wise PDFs – Oscillations and Waves
Download Unit wise PDFs of Oscillations and Waves subject :
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Oscillations and Waves subject :
- Describe the effect of coupling on the oscillations of individual oscillators?
- Establish the equation of’ motion of a coupled system executing longitudinal oscillation?
- Define normal modes and analyze the motion of two coupled oscillators in terms of normal nodes.
- Derive the wave equation.
- Establish the differential equation of a system driven by a harmonic force and solve it.
- Establish the differential equation for an LCR circuit under the influence of harmonic emf and write its solution by drawing an analogy with a mechanical system.
- Establish the differential equation for a damped harmonic oscillator and solve it.
- Highlight differences between weakly damped, critically damped and overdamped systems?
- State the principle of superposition?
- Define the terms amplitude, phase and time period?
- State the basic criteria for the simple harmonic motion of a system?
- Establish the differential equation for a system executing SHM and solve it.
- Give examples of coherent sources?
- Describe the principle of superposition of waves.
- Explain the ideas underlying the formation of stationary waves.
- Identify the positions of nodes and antinodes on a stationary wave.
- List the characteristics of stationary waves.
- Describe the formation of wave groups.
- Compute the value of group velocity knowing the dependence of wave velocity on wavelength.
- Calculate the number of beats produced if the frequencies of two superposing notes are known.
- Define a wavefront.
- Explain the reflection and refraction of waves using Huygens’ construction.
- Compute the reflection and transmission amplitude coefficients.
- Compute reflection and transmission energy coefficients.
- Compute the apparent frequency of sound when the source and/or the observer (listener) are in motion.
- Define wave motion and state its characteristics.
- Distinguish between longitudinal and transverse waves.
- Write two and three-dimensional wave equations.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Oscillations and Waves Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.