Download Optics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for the School of Sciences. Students of B.Sc (Physics) can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Our website Exams Time has come up with the best materials for the main concepts of Introducing Light, Interference, Diffraction, Lasers and its applications, etc. Continue reading the below article to download the study books.
Other Links :
- Electric and Magnetic Phenomena
- Electrical Circuits and Electronics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics
Table of Contents
Optics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Optics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science (Physics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Light Optics Study Notes
Chapters & Topics
- Polarisation of Light
- Perception of Light
- Reflection and Refraction of Light
- Nature of Light
- Interference by Division of Amplitude
- Interference by Division of Wavefront
- Diffraction and Resolution
- Diffraction Grating
- Fraunhofer Diffraction
- Fresnel Diffraction
Lasers and Their Applications
- Fibre Optics
- Physics of Lasers
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Physics. The following university students can also download Optics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Optics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) II Year
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Optics subject :
|Lasers and Their Applications||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Optics subject :
- Write a short note on optical path.
- Write a note on Fermat’s principle.
- Define the critical angle. State the relation between refractive index of medium and critical angle.
- Discuss Fermat’s principle and prove laws of reflection and refraction with its help.
- Prove that Snell’s law follows the Fermat’s principle.
- Derive Newton’s Formula.
- Determine the different types of magnifications produced in an optical system.
- Define Cardinal points of a lens system.
- Define lateral, axial and angular magnifications of a lens system. Establish relations between them.
- Define cardinal points of a coaxial optical system and give their characteristics.
- Explain the difference between thin and thick lenses.
- What is a thick lens?
- What is critical thickness of a lens?
- Write formula for the focal length of a thick lens?
- What is achromatism?
- What is the difference between coherence and non-coherence light?
- Explain the principle of superposition of lightwave?
- What are the conditions for sustainable interference?
- What is meant by the interference of light?
- How is the shape of fringes formed by biprism?
- What is the difference between ordinary prism and biprism? How can we distinguish?
- Explain the construction and working of a biprism?
- What are Newton’s rings?
- What are Haidiger’s and Newton’s fringes?
- What is an interferometer?
- Describe the construction of Michelson interferometer?
- Differentiate the phenomena interference and diffraction.
- Describe the Fresnel and Fraunhofer classes of diffraction.
- Discuss Fraunhofer diffraction at a circular slit.
- Define diffraction phenomena. What do you mean by the Fresnel class and Fraunhofer class of diffraction?
- Define the resolving power of a microscope? Deduce an expression for it and discuss it.
- What is polarization? Why sound waves can’t be polarized?
- Explain planes of polarization and plane of vibration?
- State and Brewster and Malus law.
- Distinguish between polarized and unpolarized light.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Optics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.