Searching for Operating Systems Study Materials 2020? In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS). Here we provide the best study materials for courses like CSE, IT, MCA. Students of Engineering can download these study books for Exam Preparation. Through this article, you will get the Materials for Operating Systems, Process Management, Memory Management, File Management, etc. We have also listed some of the important questions in this subject to make the student’s learning quick and easier.
Other Links :
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Software Engineering
- Data Communication and Networks
- Advanced DBMS
- Advanced Internet Technologies
Table of Contents
Operating Systems Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Operating Systems|
|Category||School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)|
|Useful for||B.Tech in CSE, IT, MCA|
|Course Type||Under Graduation and Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
OS Study Books
Chapters & Topics
Introduction to Operating Systems, Process Management
- Interprocess Communication and Synchronization Processes
- Operating System: An Overview
Memory Management, File Management, and Security
Advanced Topics and Case Studies
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Master of Computer Applications (MCA), B.Tech in CSE & IT. The following university students can download Operating Systems study materials :
- Malla Reddy College of Engineering and Technology
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur (JNTUK)
- Guru Jambheswar University
- Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women
- Biju Patnaik University
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Operating Systems subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Tech IT V Semester
- CSE V Semester
- MCA III Semester
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Operating Systems study materials :
- Define a deadlock?
- Describe the ways to recover from the deadlock situation?
- Explain the ways of avoiding deadlocks?
- Describe the two ways of interprocess communication namely shared memory and message passing?
- Discuss the usage of semaphores, locks and monitors in interprocess and synchronization?
- Define a process control block?
- Explain the various types of scheduling algorithms?
- Classify different types of schedulers?
- Describe the general goals of an operating system?
- Describe various functions performed by the OS?
- Describe various structures of operating system?
- Describe the various models of protection.
- Mention the role of security policies and mechanisms?
- Define virtual memory and its underlying concepts?
- Describe the page replacement policies like Optimal, FIFO and LRU?
- Explain the need of the combined systems like Segmented paging and Paged segmentation.
- Define a multiprocessor system?
- Describe the architecture of multiprocessors?
- Distinguish among various types of architecture?
- Describe the functions of multiprocessors operating systems?
- Describe the requirement of multiprocessor in Operating System?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Operating Systems Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.