Check out the Odisha State Open University Admissions 2020. The currently available programs for admissions were Diploma & Certificate Courses in Distance Education mode. Candidates can also visit the official website of the University to get Admission notifications. Through this article, we are going to provide the details of Odisha State Open University (ओडिशा राज्य मुक्त विश्वविद्यालय) like the Application Process, Academic Calendar, Courses, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Faculty, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the OSOU Admissions 2020.
- OSOU Question Papers
- OSOU Results
- OSOU Courses and Syllabus
- OSOU Time Table
- Odisha State Open University Admit Card
Table of Contents
Odisha State Open University
|Name of the Organisation||Odisha State Open University|
|Location||Sambalpur, Odisha, India|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Available Courses for admission for Jan 2020 Academic Session||Diploma & Certificate Courses|
|General programs||UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate, PG Certificate Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Official Website||Click here|
Orissa State Open University was established in the year 2015 by an Act of the Odisha State Legislature. The University’s aim is to provide education, research & training by diversity on means of distance & continuing education including the use of new educational technology available to the common man at an affordable cost. The focus of the university will be on Teacher Education, Business & Management Studies, Computer Science courses, Engineering Science (short-term), paramedical courses, agriculture & foreign language courses.
OSOU has established 52 Study Centres. Learners are attached to these study centers for academic support through trained counselors & tutors. The programs issued by the University shall be treated at par with the Degrees issued by other Universities established by center/states & recognized by UGC. Add-on courses will be offered targeting students already admitted to Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the State.
Odisha State Open University Courses & Duration
|PG Diploma||18 months|
|PG Certificate||6 months|
|Certificate Courses||6 months|
- UG Courses – Candidates have to pass 10+2 from the recognized university.
- PG Courses – Candidates have to pass graduation (10+2+3) from the recognized university.
- PG Diploma Courses – Candidates have to pass 10+2+3 from the recognized university
- Diploma Courses – Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized university.
- PG Certificate Courses – Candidates have to pass graduation (10+2+3) from the recognized university.
- Certificate Courses – Candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent exam from the recognized university.
- Admission Prospectus
- Online Admission
- Admission for Academic Session Jan 2020
- Online Admission Portal
Odisha State Open University Important Dates
|Admission Start Date||20th December 2019||11:00 AM|
|Admission Close Date||31st January 2020||10:00 PM|
Step by step process to apply for the Admission in Odisha State Open University:
- Visit the official website of the University – https://www.osou.ac.in/
- From the home page, scroll down & click on the ‘Online Application for Recruitment of Academic Consultants’ from the ‘News & Updates’ section.
- An admission portal page will appear. Scroll down & click on ‘CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE’ link.
- In the online application for the recruitment page, Click on the ‘New Registration’ link.
- Register Yourself & log in to fill the Online Application Form.
- Click on “Proceed to Fill Online Application” to fill up the application form
- Fill the application form with the required details. Upload your passport size photo of size 400 × 500px & Signature of size 400 × 80px.
- Upload scan copy of the certificate/mark sheet of Highest Qualification, Experience Certificate.
- Each scanned document must be in JPG or PDF format and less than 500kb.
- Click on the “Preview” button and check if all data are correct.
- Click on the “Final Submit” button to submit the form.
- You can log in to the portal any time before the last date and change your data or take a print copy of the application form.
- The Chancellor
- Board of Management
- Academic Council
- Skill Dev. Education Council
- The Planning Board
- Board of Recognition
- The Finance Committee
- The School of Studies
Officers & Staff
- Directors of Schools
- Director (SDEC)
- Comptroller of Finance
- Controller of Examination
- Study Centers
- Academic Calendar
- How to Apply
- OSOU Centres Map
Odisha state open university Fee Structure
|Diploma in Computer Applications||Rs. 6000/-|
|Diploma in Cyber Security||Rs. 6000/-|
|Diploma in Disaster Management||Rs. 4000/-|
|Diploma in Entrepreneurship Development||Rs. 4500/-|
|Diploma in Functional Hindi & Translation||Rs. 4000/-|
|Diploma in Accounting||Rs. 4000/-|
|Diploma in Management||Rs. 6000/-|
|Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication||Rs. 4000/-|
|Diploma in Odia Language and Communication||Rs. 4000/-|
|Diploma in Rural Development||Rs. 4000/-|
|Certificate in Communication Skills||Rs. 2000/-|
|Certificate in Digital Library||Rs. 2500/-|
|Certificate in Translation (English-Odia)||Rs. 2000/-|
|Certificate in Journalism & Mass Communication||Rs. 2000/-|
|Certificate in Rural Development||Rs. 2000/-|
|Certificate in Soft Skill and IT Skill||Rs. 2500/-|
- Very good facilities for students
- Management and Staff are very helpful
- No negative reviews for this University
Ratings – 4.4/5
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I take admission in courses offered by the University?
Ans. The admission process will start from 20th Dec 2019. The online admission portal is available on the University website: www.osou.ac.in. Students are required to pay Program fees through the online payment gateway (credit card/debit card) and through NEFT/RTGS.
What is the last date for admission to the current session?
Ans. Last date for admission is 31st Jan 2020. The online admission portal will close at 10:00 PM on 31st Jan.
Whether the Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates recognized?
Ans. Yes. Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates issued by Odisha State Open University will be treated at par with Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates issued by other Universities.
Is there any other fee to be paid other than the Programme Fee?
Ans. Program Fee is all-inclusive. Students are not required to pay any additional fees other than Programme Fee.
Odisha state open university
G.M. University Campus
Phone: 0663-2521600, 0663-2521700
Hope you may get complete information about Odisha state open university Admissions 2020. In this article, we have provided details like Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees Structure, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.