Download Modern Physics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Sciences. These Study Books will be useful for Science students. The concepts of Theory of Relativity, Nuclear Physics, Introduction to Quantum Mechanics, etc are well explained in these materials. We provide genuine notes relating to the subject. Preparation becomes easy by learning from these materials. Candidates can download the notes by the links given below.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Modern Physics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Modern Physics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc (Physics) & B.Tech|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Modern Physics Study Books
Chapters & Topics
The Special Theory of Relativity
- Relativistic Dynamics
- Relativistic Kinematics
- Emergence of Special Relativity
An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Observables and Operators
- Schrodinger Equation
- Matter Waves and Uncertainty Principle
- Wave-Particle Duality
Application of Quantum Mechanics to Some
- X-Ray Spectra
- Atomic Spectra
- Spherically Symmetric Systems: Hydrogen Atom
- Some Simple Systems
- Elementary Particles
- Applied Nuclear Science
- The Nucleus
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Physics & Engineering Courses. The following university students can also download Modern Physics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Modern Physics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) III Year
- B.Tech I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Modern Physics subject :
|The Special Theory of Relativity||Download|
|An Introduction to Quantum Mechanics||Download|
|Application of Quantum Mechanics to Some||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Modern Physics subject :
- Describe Rutherford’s atomic model.
- State Bohr’s atomic model. Obtain expressions for the radius and electron energy of the nth orbit.
- Describe Sommerfeld’s model. Also give the shortcomings of Sommerfeld model.
- Write notes on
- Spectral lines of hydrogen atom
- Electronic specific charge.
- What are the differences between Rutherford’s atomic model and Bohr’s model of an atom? Explain.
- What do you mean by spin and space quantization?
- What is Pauli’s exclusion principle? Write its significance also.
- Write down the electronic configuration of carbon atom and write the possible spectroscopic terms.
- Distinguish between the spectra of hydrogen and sodium atoms?
- Discuss Moseley’s law and explain it on the basis of Bohr model for atom.
- Discuss the characteristics of X-ray spectra.
- What is Bremsstrahlung radiation? When does it appear?
- Discuss Bragg’s law and its importance.
- What do you mean by Soft and Hard X-rays?
- What is a photoelectric effect? How does the emission of photoelectrons depend on the intensity and frequency of the incident radiation?
- Write the laws of photoelectric effect.
- Explain the following
- Threshold wavelength
- Work Function
- Cut off potential
- Explain the Compton effect. Derive the expression for Compton shift.
- Explain the significance of Compton effect.
- Give the conclusion of Compton shift.
- What do you mean by LASER?
- What are the Meta-stable States?
- Define Population Inversion?
- What are the characteristics of Laser beam?
- Distinguish between three-level and four-level pumping schemes?
- Distinguish between Ordinary light with Laser light?
- Distinguish between spontaneous emission and stimulated emission?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Modern Physics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.