Download Mechanics of Fluids Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Engineering and Technology. This subject will come mostly for Mechanical Engineering students. You can download these books from our Exams Time website that are free of cost. We have provided the materials for the important aspects of Fluid Statics and Kinematics, Fluid Dynamics I, Fluid Dynamics II, etc. Engineering students can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
- Engineering Mechanics
- Materials Science
- Engineering Materials
- Computer Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Table of Contents
Mechanics of Fluids Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Mechanics of Fluids|
|Category||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Useful for||Mechanical Engineering(Mech), Bachelor of Technologies in Water Resources Engineering (BTWRE)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Fluid Mechanics Study Books
Mechanics of Fluids Study Notes
Chapters & Topics
Fluid Statics and Kinematics
- Ideal Fluid Flow
- Fundamentals of Fluid Motion
- Fluid Statics
- Laminar Flow
- Flow Measurement
- Basic Equations
- Dimensional Analysis and Similitude
- Pipe Flow Problems
- Pipe Flow
- Boundary-Layer Analysis
- Turbulent Flow
Drag, Lift and Other Hydraulic Problems
- Hydraulic Models
- Water Hammer and Surge Tanks
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Mechanical Engineering & BTWRE. The following university students can also download Mechanics of Fluids study materials :
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Anna University
- GITAM University
Subject in the Semesters
Mechanics of Fluids subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Mechanical Engineering II Year
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Mechanics of Fluids Study Materials :
|Fluid Statics and Kinematics||Download|
|Drag, Lift and Other Hydraulic Problems||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Mechanics of Fluids subject :
- Define the stream function and velocity potential?
- Define and compute circulation and vorticity?
- Describe vortex flow and also forced vortex & free vortex?
- Derive the Laplace equation from fundamentals?
- Differentiate between streamlines, pathlines, and streaklines?
- Determine the acceleration in a fluid flow.
- Determine the magnitude, direction, and point of action of the buoyant force.
- Define various fluid properties.
- Determine the pressure at a point in a static fluid.
- Define viscosity and its role in fluid flow.
- Differentiate between static pressure and dynamic pressure?
- Define Euler’s equation?
- Write the similarity criteria for designing the models.
- Explain the phenomenon of water hammer.
- Convert the magnitude of a physical quantity from one unit of measurement to another.
- Describe turbulent flows.
- Analyze the effects of turbulence.
- Explain the development of boundary layer along a flat plate.
- Describe flow characteristics inside the boundary layer and their effects on velocity distribution.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Mechanics of Fluids Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.