Download Materials Science Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for the School of Engineering and Technology. This subject is very important for Engineering Courses. This subject covers the topics of Structure of Materials, Mechanical and Electronic Properties of Materials, etc. Through this article, you can download Unit wise PDFs, Chapters, Topics, and Important Questions. Read the below article, to download the material PDFs.
Other Links :
- Mechanics of Fluids
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Table of Contents
Materials Science Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Materials Science|
|Category||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Useful for||Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Materials Science Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Material Science Study Books
Chapters & Topics
Material Science subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses. The topics are given below.
Structure of Materials
- Defects in solids
- Microstructure of Materials
- The Crystal Structures of Solids
- The Band Theory of Solids
- Classification of Materials
Mechanical and Electronic Properties of Materials
- Degradation of Materials
- Materials processing
- Strength of Materials
- Electrical Properties of Solids
- Deformation of Materials
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering. The following university students can also download Materials Science study materials :
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Anna University
- GITAM University
Subject in the Semesters
Materials Science subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Mechanical Engineering II Year
- Civil Engineering I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Materials Science Study Materials :
|Structure of Materials||Download|
|Mechanical and Electronic Properties of Materials||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Materials Science subject :
- Explain the different types of defects in Solids?
- Explain how the microstructure is evolved under slow cooling of preheated materials?
- Distinguish between Bravaris lattices and actual crystal structures.
- What is the difference between a primitive cell and a unit cell?
- Determine the crystal structure by knowing the first few X-ray diffraction lines.
- Describe the electronic structure of elements.
- Explain the five types of bonding.
- Describe the classification of materials in terms of metals, ceramics, and polymers?
- Distinguish between the atomic or molecular forces in each class at a microscopic level.
- Distinguish between an alloy and a compound.
- A specimen of steel has 0.8% C by weight. Calculate the ratio of iron to carbon atoms in this alloy. The molecular weights of iron and carbon are 55.85 and 12 respectively.
- A common compound of iron and carbon is Fe3C. Calculate the weight percent of the carbon in this compound.
- What is corrosion?
- Find the emf of the cell comprising of iron and zinc electrodes dipped in their solutions with a concentration of 1 M at 25 OC. Identify the polarity of the electrodes.
- How do you think the problem of cracks in weldments of steels with more than 0.25% carbon is solved’?
- Define various terms from the stress-strain curve?
Recommended Books for Materials Science
The books that are referred to and recommended by toppers are given below. For more information refer to other authors’ books also.
- Materials Science and Engineering: A First Course by Raghavan V
- ESE – 2021 – Basics of Material Science & Engineering by IES MASTER
- Materials Science by R.S Sedha R.S Khurmi
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Materials Science Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.