Check out the Jadavpur University Admissions 2021. The University has released the admission notification under UG, PG, B.Tech., M.Tech. Ph.D. & M.Phil. Courses. This University also provides Distance Education admissions under M.A. & PG Diploma courses. Candidates who need information about the university can go through this article. Here in this article, we are going to provide the details of JU (जादवपुर विश्वविद्यालय) like Admissions, the Application Process, Courses offered, Eligibility Criteria, Duration, Faculty, Fees structure & Contact details. Continue reading this article to get more information about the Jadavpur University Admissions 2021.
- JU Time Table
- Jadavpur University Admit Card
- Jadavpur University Result
- JU Courses and Syllabus
- Jadavpur University Question Papers
Table of Contents
Jadavpur University Admissions 2021
|Name of the Organisation||Jadavpur University|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||UG, PG, M.Phil., B.Tech., Ph.D., M.Tech & PG Diploma Courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Official Website||Click here|
The National Council of Education was established in 1906 in the wake of the nationalist movement. Bengal Technical Institute (BTI) was among the educational institutions founded by the National Council of Education, Bengal. Its mission was to impart training to Indian students in the appropriate technology. This Institute later renamed Jadavpur University in 1955. The university is extremely keen on the improvement of infrastructure to promote a more conducive academic environment.
Jadavpur University is at present an internationally recognized premier university of the country. It is an urban university with a global perspective that is dedicated to creating leaders. The University wishes to grow further as a diverse & socially responsible learning community, providing a good quality of scholarship & equal opportunity for all.
The following details are the eligibility of regular Courses:
- UG Courses – Candidates should have completed (10+2)/Diploma in the relevant stream from any recognized Board.
- PG Courses – Candidates should have to pass a bachelor’s degree in a relevant stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- M.Phil Courses – Candidates need to have a Master’s degree in a relevant stream with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from any recognized university.
- Ph.D. Courses – Masters degree in a relevant stream with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Eligibility Criteria for Distance Education Courses:
- M.A. – Candidates should have to complete honors/ General graduation(10+2+3) in a relevant stream with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
- PG Diploma Courses – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification(10+2+3) in a relevant stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University.
Courses Offered and Duration
Below details are the Courses & Duration of Regular courses of Jadavpur University :
|B.Lib.I.Sc||As per University rules & regulation|
|Master of Philosophy in women’s studies||As per University rules & regulation|
|M.sc in Mathematics (evening)||3 years|
|M.sc. in Physics (evening)||3 years|
|M.Phil.||As per University rules & regulation|
|B.Ed. in Special Education||1 year|
|Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|B.Tech in civil (evening)||5 years|
|B.Tech in Electrical Engg. (evening)||5 years|
|B.Tech in Mechanical Engg. (evening)||5 years|
|B.Tech in Food tech & Bio-chem Engg.||3 years|
|B.Tech instrumentation & Electronics Engg||3 years|
|M.Tech. in VLSI Design & Microelectronics Tech.||3 years|
|M.Tech in intelligent Automation & Robotics (evng)||3 years|
Below details are the Courses & Duration of Distance Education courses:
|PG Diploma||1 year|
Application Process – Jadavpur University
Step by step Application procedure:
- Visit the official website of the University – www.jaduniv.edu.in
- From the home page, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- A page with several links will appear on the screen.
- Click on the preferred admission link & a page with the application form will display on the screen.
- Enter the necessary details such as Name, DOB, DD Number, Course, Contact Number, Email ID, etc.
- Upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
- Online Admission
- Academic Calendar
- Admission Schedules & Important Dates
- Admission rules for Foreign Students
- Announcement for the training program
- Admission rules & Regulation
Faculty of JU
Below provided links are explaining the department wise faculty of Jadavpur University :
- Arts Faculty
- Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies, Law and Management
- Administration Officers
Jadavpur University fee structure
- Good Infrastructure
- One of the best-ranking university in India
- Lack of hostel facilities
- Some faculty are harsh at student
Frequently Asked Questions
How old is JU?
Ans. In its present form, it was founded on 24th December 1955. Before that, the body was known as the National Council of Education, Bengal which was formed in 1906.
What is Jadavpur’s mission statement?
Ans. To impart the very best of moral, foundational and technical education.
Does Jadavpur have an Annual Report?
Ans. Yes, It publishes an annual report incorporating all academic and other achievements in all major sections of the University. Please refer to the Academic Reports Under Academics section.
Who is the current Vice-Chancellor of JU?
Ans. Professor Suranjan Das.
The following details can also contain Jadavpur University Contact number & Address:
188, Raja S.C. Mallick Rd,
Kolkata 700032, West Bengal.
Hope you may get the information on the Jadavpur University Admissions 2021 such as Admissions, Application Process, Important Links, Courses Offered, Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Faculty, Fees Structure, Reviews, and Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.