Download Introduction to Sericulture Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Agriculture. This subject is very important for This subject covers the topics of Sericulture in India, Importance of Sericulture, Human Resource Development, etc. Through this article, you can download Unit wise PDFs, Chapters, Topics, and Important Questions. Read the below article, to download the material PDFs.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Sericulture Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Introduction to Sericulture|
|Category||School of Agriculture|
|Useful for||Certificate in Sericulture (CIS), Diploma in Sericulture|
|Course Type||Certificate & Diploma Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Sericulture, or silk farming, is the cultivation of silkworms to produce silk. Although there are several commercial species of silkworms, Bombyx mori (the caterpillar of the domestic silkmoth) is the most widely used and intensively studied silkworm. Silk was first been produced in China. Sericulture has become the cottage industry in many countries. Today, China and India are the two main producers, with more than 60% of the world’s annual production.
Sericulture Study Books
Chapters & Topics
Sericulture in India
Entrepreneurial Opportunities in Sericulture
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Certificate & Diploma in Sericulture The following university students can also download Sericulture study materials :
- Madhav University
- University of Kalyani
- Bangalore University
- University of Calcutta
- Shivaji University
Subject in the Semesters
Sericulture subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Sericulture 1st Semester
- Diploma in Sericulture
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Introduction to Sericulture study materials :
- Explain the roles of different agencies in human resource development in sericulture?
- What do you mean by employment generation?
- Explain how sericulture practice generates more employment?
- What are the available schemes that promote rural employment?
- Who provides financial assistance for marketing?
- What are the important inputs to increase productivity in sericulture?
- What happens if good market is not available for sericulture produce?
- Explain the Kissan nursery, methodology of plantation and work out the economics of nursery and silkworm rearing?
- Explain the techniques of composting and vermi-composting?
- Explain the package of practices for silkworm rearing?
- Describe the mulberry diseases and pests, their causes, symptoms and their preventive and control methods?
- Explain the management and manpower utilization in egg production?
- What are the different types of by-products?
- Evaluate the silkworm seed demand and seed production?
- What are the job opportunities in post-cocoon sector?
- Determine the profitability of a reeling unit.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Introduction to Sericulture Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.