Check out the Industrial Engineering Course Details. Industrial Engineering has a great scope. Candidates who are interested at Industrial side, they may pursue the Industrial Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Industrial Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Industrial Engineering Course Details like About Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Industrial Engineering.
Other Links :
- Structural Engineering Course Details 2019 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Systems Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Industrial Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 4 to 8 Lakh for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Industrial Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Industrial Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Industrial Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is Rs.449,972|
|Industrial Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $84,310|
About Industrial Engineering
Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that concerns by developing, improving & implementing integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy and materials. It is a profession that concerned with the optimization of complex processes, systems or organizations. Industrial engineers use specialized knowledge & skills in the maths, physics and social sciences together with the principles & methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results obtained from systems & processes. Industrial engineers work to eliminate wastage of time, money, materials, energy & other resources.
Courses & Duration
Industrial Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Industrial Engineering consists of following core subjects:
- Engineering Graphics
- Law and Engineering
- Linear Algebra
- Design Thinking
- Electrical Workshop
- Elements of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Drafting and Machine Design
- Electrical Technology
- Metrology and Instrumentation
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Fluid Mechanics
- ICT Tools and Security
- Power Plant Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Creativity and Innovation
- Law for Engineers
- Computer aided Manufacturing
- Thermal Engineering
- Production and Industrial Management
- Machine Design
Qualification & Eligibility
The Industrial Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Industrial Engineering colleges in India
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- KL University, Vijayawada
- Birsa Institute of Technology, Dhanbad
- West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune
- Amrutvahini Sheti And Shikshan Vikas Sansthas Amrutvahini College Of Engineering, Ahmednagar
- Andhra University, Viskhapatnam
- B.M.S. Institute of Technology, Faridabad
- Baba Banda Singh College of Engineering and Technology, Fatehgarh
- Bhai Maha Singh College of Engineering, Punjab
Career & Scope in Industrial Engineering
As industrial engineers are experts in this field, their demand is constantly increasing. Due to globalization more companies are starting up with their manufacturing process in India. There is a cut throat competition in India. Since industrial engineers are experts in determining the suitability of locations for factories depending on the best combination of raw materials, transportation and other allied cost, the manufacturing units are always in the look out for them. After pursuing their graduation they may have scope in jobs like
- Safety Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Industrial Production Manager
- Industrial Engineering Technician
- Industrial Management Engineer
- Industrial Systems Engineer
Role & Responsibilities of Industrial Engineer
- Analyzes cost of all products & assist to decrease negative discrepancy on the same; plan for strategies to decrease wastage and labor cost in all engineering projects.
- Create salary model budgets for all procedures of industrial engineering and provide assistance to all supreme manufacturing facilities; develop plans for the analysis of smooth flow of factory processes; analyze plans for all waste elimination from the factory.
- Determine and evaluate execution of all projects and administer all methods and procedures as per the required systems and supply standards.
- Support the department in the preparation of all required reports on monthly as well as weekly basis; design business plans and carry out all communication with the production department.
- Support in approving & organizing all supply and labor; prepare report to keep the track the work.
- Evaluate and carry out investigation on discrepancies for all actual as well as planned industrial procedures and keep track of all data; ensure integrity of results.
- Provide an effectual interface to all departments; design all strategies and provide assistance to all key staff.
- Stay updated with knowledge of industrial engineering procedures, associate with various projects of manufacturing and production, keep track of all productivity, design various processes and ensure that all procedures are carried out by following the safety standards.
Salaries of Industrial Engineers
The Annual average salary of industrial Engineer is $62,475 per year. The highest pay is more than $82,648 per year and the lowest pay is less than $56,240 per year.The average starting salary of industrial Engineers in India is Rs.4,49,972 and the average salary per month is Rs.15,226 and salary of industrial Engineer per hour is Rs.82.50.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about industrial Engineering course details like About industrial Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.