Download History of Indian Economy Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Science. This subject will come mostly for MA History students. You can download these books from our Exams Time website that are free of cost. We have provided the materials for the important aspects of Historiography, Environment and Economy, Early Medieval Economy and Its Continuities, etc. Master of Arts in History students can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
History of Indian Economy Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||History of Indian Economy|
|Useful for||MA, BA|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Historiography, Environment, and Economy
- Historiography of the Pre-Colonial Economy-Ancient
- Historiography of the Pre-Colonial Period-Medieval
- Historiography of the Colonial Economy
- Environmental Zones and Indian Economic History
Emergence and Structure of Complex Economy
- Origins of Agriculture, Animal Domestication, Craft Production to Urbanisation (Case of the Harappan Civilization)
- Archaeology and Geography of Agriculture and Pastoral Communities of the Subcontinent to the Middle of the First Millennium BC
- Comparative Structure of Economies in Some Early States (Maurya, Kushana, Satavahana, Gupta)
- Patterns of Trade, Urbanisation, and Linkages: North India (C.600 BC to 300 AD)
- Patterns of Trade, Urbanisation, and Linkages: Peninsular India (C.300 BC to AD 300)
Early Medieval Economy and Its Continuities
- The Feudalism Debate in Indian History
- Organization of Agricultural and Craft Production: North India, C. AD 550 to C. AD 1300
- Nature of Stratification and Regional Profiles of Agrarian Society in Early Medieval North India, C. AD 550 to C. AD1300
- Organization of Agricultural and Crafts Production, Regional Profiles of Agrarian Society, Nature of Stratification: South India
- Trade, Trading Networks and Urbanisation: North India, C.AD 300 to C. AD 1300
- Exchange Networks, Merchant Organisations, and Urbanisation: South India
Expansion and Growth of Medieval Economy-I
- Agricultural Production
- Agrarian Structure: Relations
- Non-Agricultural Production
- Urban Centers in Medieval India
Expansion and Growth of Medieval Economy-II
- Inland and Maritime Trade
- Business Practices and Monetary History
- Technology and Economy
- Transport and Communication
- Eighteenth-Century in Indian History
Trade and Markets
- Merchants and Markets: 1757-1857
- Colonialism and Trade: 1857-1947
The Rural Economy
- Agrarian Policy and Land Rights
- Patterns of Commercialisation
- Forest Economies in Colonial India
- Demographic Change and Agrarian Society in Colonial India
- Tribal Society and Colonial Economy
- The Question of Agrarian Growth and Stagnation
Craft Production, Technological Change, and Industrialization
Indian Economy Study Books
|History of Indian Economy||Click Here|
Indian Economy Study Notes
|Indian Economy||Click Here|
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Master of Arts (History). The following university students can also download Indian Economy study materials :
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- Lovely Professional University
- Pondicherry University
Subject in the Semesters
History of Indian Economy subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- BA Economics V Semester
- MA History II Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of History of Indian Economy :
|Historiography, Environment, and Economy||Download|
|Emergence and Structure of Complex Economy||Click Here|
|Early Medieval Economy and Its Continuities||Download|
|Expansion and Growth of Medieval Economy-I||Click Here|
|Expansion and Growth of Medieval Economy-II||Download|
|Trade and Markets||Click Here|
|The Rural Economy||Download|
|Craft Production, Technological Change, and Industrialization||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Indian Economy :
- Discuss the contemporary ideas on ancient Indian economic history.
- Analyze the new emerging trends in historiography during the early 1960s.
- Discuss Marxist approach to study the medieval Indian economy.
- Give a critical account of the major trends in colonial historiography.
- Explain to what extent is European model of feudalism relevant in the Indian context.
- Discuss the role of merchant guilds in the growth of craft, trade, and urbanization.
- Analyze the implications for the rural economy of the various types of land grants.
- Analyze briefly the irrigation techniques used during the early medieval period.
- How did the soil conditions affect the growth pattern of agricultural operations?
- Discuss the importance of pastoral and forest products in the medieval economy.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of History of Indian Economy Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.