Download History of Ecology and Environment in India Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. Students of MA, BA can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. This subject will come for History students. Our website Exams Time has come up with the best materials for the main concepts of Environment and Early Societies, Indian Philosophy, etc. Continue reading the below article to download the study books.
Other Links :
- India from 18th to Mid 19th Century
- India from 16 to Mid 18th Century
- India from 8th to 15th Century
- History of China and Japan 1840-1949
Table of Contents
History of Ecology and Environment in India Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||History of Ecology and Environment in India|
|Useful for||MA, BA in History|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Studying Ecology & Environment: An Introduction
- Nature-Human Interface
- Indian Landscape
- Sources of Study
Environment and Early Societies
- Resource Use and Human Societies
- Nomadic Pastoralism
Environment and Agricultural Societies
- Origins of Agriculture
- River Valley Civilisation
- Agricultural Diffusion and Regional Specificities-I
- Agricultural Diffusion and Regional Specificities-II
Appropriation of Environment – Other Forms
- Energy Resources
- Water Resources
- Forest Resources
- Metal & Mineral Resources
Indian Philosophy and Environment
- Man-Nature Relationship
- Conservation Through Ages
Colonialism and Environment
- Understanding of Environment
- Environmental Agenda
- Resource Management: Forests
- Resource Management: Water
- Development and Environmental Concerns
- Environmental Resources and Patents
Ecology and Environment in India Study Books
|Ecology and Environment||Click Here|
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Master of Arts (History). The following university students can also download History of Ecology and Environment in India study materials :
- Rai Technology University
- Lovely Professional University
- NIILM University
- University of Calicut
Subject in the Semesters
History of Ecology and Environment in India subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- MA History II Semester
- BA History III Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of History of Ecology and Environment in India :
|Studying Ecology & Environment: An Introduction||Download|
|Environment and Early Societies||Download|
|Environment and Agricultural Societies||Click Here|
|Appropriation of Environment – Other Forms||Download|
|Indian Philosophy and Environment||Click Here|
|Colonialism and Environment||Download|
|Modern Concerns||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of History of Ecology and Environment in India :
- Describe features of the nature-human interface during Paleolithic and Mesolithic Cultures.
- Why is the beginning of the industrial age considered as marking a major shift in the nature-human interface? Elaborate.
- Describe the vegetation of India with special reference to the forest.
- Examine the characteristic features of the literature on environment focusing on the pre-colonial period.
- What do you understand by the terms renewable‘ and ‘nonrenewable‘ resources? Discuss.
- Examine the main resource-use practices during the pre-agricultural period.
- Examine in detail the nature of evidence pertaining to hunting-gathering communities.
- Carefully describe the geographical spread of hunting-gathering communities and the main stages of their expansion.
- Discuss the factors giving rise to pastoralism in early history.
- Examine the nature of relationship between nomadic pastoralists and settled agriculturists in early history.
- Examine the significance of the Neolithic Revolution.
- Discuss the origin of rice cultivation in India.
- Discuss the relationship between the behaviour of rivers in the Indus region and the growth of agriculture.
- Examine the pattern of agriculture in the Indus Civilization.
- Why did plough become a symbol of power in the later Vedic period?
- Medieval India was marked by a relative surge in irrigation devices.
- What are the three dimensions of agrarian expansion in the peninsula in the early medieval period? Describe.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of History of Ecology and Environment in India Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.