Historiography Study Materials: Download Historiography Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. These Study Books will be useful for History students. The concepts of Understanding History, Pre-Modern Traditions I, Approaches to History in Modern Times, etc. are well explained in these materials. We provide genuine notes relating to the subject. Preparation becomes easy by learning from these materials. Candidates can download the notes by the links given below.
Other Links :
- Government and Politics in India
- Ancient and Medieval Societies
- Modern World
- History of Indian Economy
Table of Contents
Historiography Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Historiography|
|Useful for||MA, BA in History|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Historiography Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
The chapters that are covered in this subject are given here unit-wise. Try covering all the topics to know more about the subject.
- Objectivity and Interpretation
- History, Ideology, and Society
- Greco-Roman Traditions
- Traditional Chinese Historiography
- Historiographical Traditions in Early India
- Medieval Historiography: Western
- Medieval Historiography: Arabic and Persian
- Medieval Historiography: Indo-Persian
- Local History
Approaches to History in Modern Times-I
- Positivist Tradition
- Classical Marxist Tradition
- The Annales School
Approaches to History in Modern Times-II
- Recent Marxist Approaches
- Postmodernist Intervention
- Gender in History
- Race in History
Approaches and Themes in Indian Historiography-I
- Colonial Historiography
- Nationalist Approach
- Communalist Trends
- Marxist Approach
- The Cambridge School
Approaches and Themes in Indian Historiography-II
- History From Below
- Subaltern Studies
- Economic History
- Peasantry and Working Classes
- Caste, Tribe, and Gender
- Religion and Culture
- Environment, Science and Technology
Indian Historiography Study Books
Download Unit wise PDFs of Historiography subject :
Download full textbook PDFs of Historiography subject :
Historiography Study Notes
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Master of Arts (History). The following university students can also download Historiography study materials :
- Utkal University
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- Sri Dev Suman University
Subject in the Semesters
Historiography subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses
- MA History II Semester
- BA History I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Historiography subject :
|Pre-Modern Traditions-I||Click Here|
|Approaches to History in Modern Times-I||Click Here|
|Approaches to History in Modern Times-II||Download|
|Approaches and Themes in Indian Historiography-I||Click Here|
|Approaches and Themes in Indian Historiography-II||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Historiography :
- What is a generalization? Discuss the various types of generalizations?
- Discuss the different approaches of natural scientists and social scientists in seeking the causes of a phenomenon.
- What is objectivity? Discuss the historiographical traditions which take the principle of objectivity as their basis.
- Who were the earliest critics of objectivity in history? What are their arguments? Do you agree with them?
- What do you understand by the term ‘ideology’? Discuss the various usages of the term.
- What were the distinctive features of traditional Chinese historiography?
- Discuss the development of historical writing in pre-modern China.
- Write a note on Christian historiography.
- Write a brief note on the changes in the Arabic historiographical tradition in the 11th and 12th centuries.
- What are the unique features of history-writing in Arabic in the 10th century?
- Compare the writings of Abul Fazl and Badauni on Akbar’s reign.
- Write a brief note on the historical works during Jahangir’s reign.
- What is local history? Discuss the differences between the old style of local history and the new one.
- Discuss the differences between pre-Marxist socialist thought and Marxism.
- Who is considered as the founders of this School of historiography? Discuss their works.
Recommended Books for Historiography
The books that are useful for knowing about Historiography are given here. These are available online and can be downloaded for learning.
- Concepts And Methods Of Historiography [Textbook For B.A., M.A. And Other Competitive Examination Syllabus As Prescribed.] Paperback
- Historiography in the Modern World: Western and Indian Perspectives by Shashi Bhushan Upadhyay | 1 June 2016, Hardcover
We hope this article Historiography Study Materials will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Historiography Study Materials. Share this article Historiography Study Materials with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.