Genetics Study Materials: Download Genetics Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for School of Sciences. These Study Books will be helpful to the courses like B.Sc, M.Sc (Genetics). Candidates are advised to download these Materials from our Exams Time website by the links given below. Through this article Genetics Study Materials, you will learn the important concepts of Heredity and Phenotype, Gene Structure and Function, Population and Applied Genes, etc. Our main aim is to provide qualitative books and notes to the students for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Genetics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Genetics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science (Genetics), M.Sc|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Genetics Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
The chapters that are covered in this subject are given here unit-wise. Try covering all the topics to know more about the subject.
Heredity and Phenotype
- Linkage, Crossing-over, and Chromosome Mapping
- Developmental Basis of Sex
- Sex Linkage and Dosage Compensation
- Sex Determination
- Extensions and Modifications of Mendelian Genetic Analysis
- Mendel’s Laws of Inheritance
The Physical Basis of Heredity
- Genetics of Bacteria and Bacteriophages
- The Nature and Structure of Genetic Material
- Numerical Abnormalities in Chromosomes and Their Effects
- Structural Abnormalities in Chromosomes and Their Effects
- Human Chromosomes
- Extra-Nuclear Inheritance
Gene Structure and Function
- Carcinogenesis and Teratogenesis
- Mutations and Mutagenesis
- Regulation of Gene Expression and Development in Eukaryotes
- Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
- Gene Pine Structure
Population and Applied Genetics
- Genetics in Agriculture and Plant Improvement
- Genetics and Human Welfare
- Behavioural Genetics
- Quantitative Traits and Genetics of Twins
- The behavior of Genes in Population
- Genetics of Blood
Genetics and Heredity Study Notes PDF
Download Unit wise PDFs of Genetics subject
Download Full textbook PDFs of Genetics subject :
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Science. The following university students can also download Genetics study materials :
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Calcutta
- Delhi University
- University of Calicut
- Bangalore University
- Kanpur University
Subject in the Semesters
Genetics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Zoology II Semester
- M.Sc I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Genetics subject :
|Heredity and Phenotype||Download|
|The Physical Basis of Heredity||Click Here|
|Gene Structure and Function||Download|
|Population and Applied Genetics||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Genetics subject :
- Explain the concept of genetic linkage and the basic terminology involved?
- Distinguish between complete and incomplete linkage.
- Explain how linkage maps arc constructed, and their utility in genetic analysis?
- Distinguish between sex determination and sexual differentiation?
- Evaluate the role of sex chromosomes in the differentiation of gonads?
- Describe the causes of the development of intersexes?
- Define sex ratio and differentiate between primary, secondary and tertiary sex ratio.
- Describe the different post and pre-fertilization techniques of sex selection of offspring.
- Distinguish the mode of inheritance between the X-linked genes and Y-linked genes.
- Differentiate between the type of dosage compensation in mammals and Drosophila?
- Explain with examples the transmission of Y-linked genes.
- Describe the chromosomal sex determination mechanisms.
- Distinguish between the genic and chromosomal type of sex determination.
- Describe the historical developments and the landmarks in genetics.
- Describe Mendel’s breeding experiments.
- State and Explain Mendel’s laws of inheritance.
- Describe the molecular organization of chromosomes?
- Define the basic terms related to chromosome morphology?
- Explain the molecular organization, functioning, and genetic implications of overlapping genes.
- Describe the various control points of gene expression?
Recommended Books for Genetics
The books that are useful for knowing about this subject are given here. These are available online and can be downloaded for learning.
- Cell Biology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution & Ecology: Evolution and Ecology by Verma P.S. and Agarwal V.K.
- Principles of Genetics by Gardner, Simmons, et al.
- The world in Motion: The Globalization and the Environment Reader by Gary M. Kroll and Richard H. Robbins, Hardcover
- Globalization and the Environment by Peter Christoff and Robyn Eckersley
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Genetics Study Materials. Share this article Genetics Study Materials with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.