Download Food Processing and Engineering II Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Agriculture. These Study Books will be helpful to the courses like PG Diploma in Value Added Products. Candidates are advised to download these Materials from our Exams Time website by the links given below. Through this article, you will learn the important concepts of Food Preservation by Application of Heat, Food Preservation through Water Removal, Product Utilization, Food Packaging, etc. Our main aim is to provide qualitative books and notes to the students for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Food Processing and Engineering II Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Food Processing and Engineering II|
|Category||School of Agriculture|
|Useful for||PG Diploma in Value Added Products|
|Course Type||PG Diploma Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Food Processing and Engineering II Study Books
Chapters & Topics
Food Preservation by Application of Heat
- Canning of Fruits and Vegetables
- Heat Application
- Principles of Heat and Mass Transfer
Food preservation through Water Removal
- Drying, Dehydration, and Evaporation
- Forms of Water in Foods, Sorption, and Desorption of Water in Foods and Water Activity
Food Preservation through Temperature Reduction, Atmospheric Control and Irradiation
- Food Irradiation
- Controlled and Modified Atmosphere Storage
- Food Fortification
- Utilization of Fruits and Vegetables Processing Wastes for Food, Feed, Fuel and Industrial Products
- Types of By-products
- Packaging Process and Machinery
- Packaging Materials
- Packaging − Need and Importance
- Preparation of Fruit-based Carbonated Drinks
- Testing of Flexible Packaging Material
- Cut-out Analysis of Canned Product
- Canning of Fruits and Vegetables
- Adequacy of Blanching of Fruits/Vegetables
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a PG Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management. The following university students can also download Food Processing and Engineering II study materials :
- Shivaji University
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Bilaspur University
- Sambalpur University
- Periyar University
Subject in the Semesters
Food Processing and Engineering subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- PG Diploma in Value Added Products
- M.Tech in Food Technology I Semester
- B.Sc (Food Processing and Technology) IV Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Food Processing and Engineering II subject :
|Food Preservation by Application of Heat||Download|
|Food preservation through Water Removal||Click Here|
|Food Preservation through Temperature Reduction, Atmospheric Control, and Irradiation||Download|
|Product Utilization||Click Here|
|Practical Manual||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Food Processing and Engineering study materials :
- Define the basic principles and methods of heat transfer?
- Explain the role of heat transfer in heat preservation processes?
- Determine the heat penetration and calculate the process time in food?
- Explain the types of food for heat processing?
- Describe important features of process equipment used for blanching, pasteurization, sterilization and aseptic processing.
- Explain the principle of microwave and ohmic heat transfer.
- What are the various types of heat exchangers?
- Explain the difference between direct and indirect method of heat transfer?
- State the principles of canning?
- Explain the various unit operations involved in canning?
- Describe the canning process of fruits and vegetables?
- Describe the mechanisms of drying and dehydration of fruits and vegetables.
- Explain the various methods and types of evaporation and evaporators used.
- Define the microorganisms involved in the spoilage of dried products.
- Determine the drying and rehydration ratio.
- What are the factors affecting the drying rate of fruits and vegetables?
- Describe the different kinds of ionizing radiations?
- Define the mechanism of irradiation?
- Explain applications of gamma irradiation?
- Describe the effect of radiation on microorganisms?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Food Processing and Engineering II Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.