Food Microbiology Study Materials: Download Food Microbiology Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Agriculture (SOA). Food Microbiology is one of the subjects in PG Diploma courses of Food Safety. Here we provide the materials for the important concepts of Fundamentals of Microbiology, Analytical Techniques, etc. Download the Study Books, Important Questions of this subject from the Exams Time website for better preparation. Unit-wise PDFs are also provided below.
Other Links :
- Food Processing and Engineering II
- Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- Quality Assurance
- Fresh Meat Technology
Table of Contents
Food Microbiology Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Food Microbiology|
|Category||School of Agriculture|
|Useful for||PG Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management|
|Course Type||PG Diploma Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Food Microbiology Study Notes
Download full textbook PDFs of Food Microbiology subject :
Chapters & Topics
The list topics in Food Microbiology are mentioned below. Follow the list to know more about Food Microbiology.
Fundamentals of Food Microbiology
- Beneficial Roles of Micro-Organisms
- Food Borne Diseases
- Food Contamination and Spoilage
- Introduction to Food Microbiology
Analytical Techniques in Microbiology
- Rapid Detection Technique for Food Micro-organisms
- Detection of Pathogens in Food
- Screening and Enumeration of Spoilage Micro-organisms in food
- General Techniques of Food Micro-organisms
- Interpretation of Microbiological Data and its Inferences
- Detection of Coliforms and Indicator Organisms Confirmed and Completed Tests, Membrane filter Techniques
- Detection of Coliforms and Indicator Organisms( Most Probable Number )
- Assessment of Surface Sterilization using Swab and Rinse Method
- Assessment of Air using Surface Impingement Method
- Enumeration of Fungi ( Yeasts and Molds)
- Direct Microscopic Examination of Foods
- Standards Plate Count Method
- Staining Techniques
- Cultivation and Subculturing of Microbes
- Cleaning and Methods of Sterilization
- Introduction to the Basic Microbiology Laboratory Practices
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a PG Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management. The following university students can also download Food Microbiology study materials :
- Secure College of Engineering
- University of Calcutta
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Odisha
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
- Delhi University
- NIMS University Distance Education
Subject in the Semesters
Food Microbiology subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- PG Diploma in Food Safety and Quality Management
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Food Microbiology subject :
|Fundamentals of Food Microbiology||Download|
|Analytical Techniques in Microbiology||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Food Microbiology study materials :
- What are the various types of fermentation?
- Describe the beneficial role of microorganisms?
- Explain fermentation – its science and technology?
- State emerging food-borne pathogens and reasons for their emergence.
- Define FBD.
- What is an enterotoxin?
- What are pathogens?
- Explain the principles and methods of food preservation.
- Explain the applied aspects of microbiology?
- Explain the importance of rapid techniques?
- Explain genetic methods employed for detection and enumeration of micro-organisms?
- Describe working principles and working of fluorescence, impedance methods.
- State the role of biosensors.
- Explain major bacterial pathogens found in foods?
- Describe the detection protocol of various pathogens.
- Explain the role of food as the carrier of spoilage organisms?
- Describe the causes of the spoilage of food.
- Describe the major types of spoilage bacteria found in foods.
- Explain the common source of contamination by these pathogens.
- Describe different enumeration techniques of micro-organisms?
- Explain the various types of microbiological media and their method of preparation.
Recommended Books for Food Microbiology
The books that are useful for knowing about Food Microbiology are given here. These are available online and can be downloaded for learning.
- Fundamentals Food Microbiology by Patricia Marques, Hardcover
- Food Microbiology: An Introduction by Thomas J. Montville, Hardcover
- Encyclopedia of Food Microbiology Food Processing (3 Vol. Set) by Gillian Evans D’suza, Hardcover
- Laboratory Manual of Food Microbiology by Neelima Garg, K.L. Garg, et al., Paperback
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Food Microbiology Study Materials. Share this article on Food Microbiology Study Materials with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Food Microbiology Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.