Download Engineering Materials Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Engineering and Technology. Under Graduation students of Engineering can download these books to prepare for their Exams. Topics of Cementing Materials, etc. are provided in these materials. Study Books and Notes of this subject can be downloaded by the links given below. Read the below article, for more information on Study Materials.
Other Links :
- Mechanics of Fluids
- Engineering Mechanics
- Materials Science
- Computer Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
Table of Contents
Engineering Materials Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Engineering Materials|
|Category||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Useful for||Civil Engineering|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Materials for Engineering Study Books
Chapters & Topics
- Chemical Bonding Agents
- Carbonaceous Cementing Materials
- Calcareous Cementing Materials
- Electrical Materials
- Plastics & Boards
- Wear Resistant Materials
- Decorative Materials
- Admixtures and Water Proofing Materials
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Civil Engineering. The following university students can also download Engineering Materials study materials :
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Anna University
- GITAM University
Subject in the Semesters
Engineering Materials subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Civil Engineering I Semester
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Engineering Materials subject :
- Distinguish between different types of cementing materials,
- Describe their features of Cementing materials
- Describe the specific fields of application for each type of cementing materials.
- Explain the requirements of bitumen in paving mixes.
- Describe the function of bitumen as a waterproofing agent in buildings.
- Explain the different types of bitumen, their properties and applications.
- Define and Explain the properties of differed mortars and grouts.
- Describe the application procedures for different mortars and grouts.
- State the types, properties, manufacture and application areas of foam concrete.
- Explain the types, properties, manufacture, grades of the ordinary cement concrete.
- Describe electrical materials, which are commonly used in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Explain the practical wiring installation without involving the design of the installation.
- Distinguish between different types of plastics.
- Describe applications of plastics in the building industry.
- Describe applications of boards in buildings.
- Describe different types of wear-resistant materials and their advantages?
- Explain the methods of construction of these wear-resistant materials and their
field of application.
- Describe decorative finishes for different surfaces in a building.
- Distinguish between the effectiveness of different finishes for the same surface.
- Describe the procedure for carrying out a particular finish and the precautions required to be observed during execution.
- Describe superplasticizers, their chemistry, types, functioning, advantages, and applications.
- List various types of waterproofing/damp proofing compounds, both conventional and modern.
- Explain admixtures, their types, advantages and application areas and some commonly available admixtures.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Engineering Materials Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.