Download Elementary Mechanics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for School of Sciences. Elementary Mechanics is one of the subjects in the courses of B.Sc in Physics. Here we provide the materials for the important concepts of Gravitation, Work and Energy, Motion, Angular Motion, etc. Download the Study Books, Important Questions of this subject from Exams Time website for better preparation. Unit wise PDFs are also provided below.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Elementary Mechanics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Elementary Mechanics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science (Physics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Concepts in Mechanics
- Angular Motion
- Work and Energy
- Force and Momentum
Systems of Particles
- Motion in Non-Inertial Frames of Reference
- Rigid Body Dynamics
- Many-Particle Systems
- Motion under Central Conservative Forces
Elements of Mechanics Study Books
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Physics. The following university students can also download Elementary Mechanics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Lovely Professional University
Subject in the Semesters
Elementary Mechanics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) I Year
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Elementary Mechanics subject :
|Concepts in Mechanics||Download|
|Systems of Particles||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Elementary Mechanics subject :
- Define unit vector, like vector and equal vectors.
- What are direction cosines? Give its significance?
- Explain the differences between dot and cross products?
- Define scalar triple product.
- What is angular momentum? How the direction of angular momentum can be decided?
- Define divergence of a vector function and its physical significance.
- Explain the physical significance of Gauss’s divergence theorem.
- State and prove Green’s theorem in a plane.
- State and prove Stoke’s theorem in vector analysis.
- Explain the divergence theorem in words and mathematical form.
- Explain the term flux of a vector field.
- Prove and discuss work-energy theorem.
- Define and explain the difference between conservative and non-conservative force.
- What is energy? Discuss the different types of mechanical energy with examples.
- What is the principle of conservation of energy?
- What is torque? Establish a relation between moment of inertia and torque.
- What is moment of inertia? Give its significance.
- Explain electric and magnetic forces.
- Define the terms beam, neutral surface and neutral axis.
- What do you mean by torsional rigidity?
- Differentiate between the angle of twist and angle of shear.
- What is flexural rigidity?
- Explain why steel girders and rails are made in the form of I-Section.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Elementary Mechanics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.