Check out the Electrical Engineering Course Details. Now a days people are showing more interest against Engineering courses especially in Electrical field. If you are searching for the details of Electrical Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Electrical Engineering Course Details like About Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete information about Electrical Engineering.
Other Links :
- Hardware and Networking Course Details – Career after 10th /12th
- Industrial Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Electrical Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees of Electrical Engineering course||Average fee ranges between INR 4,00,000 and 10,00,000|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Electrical Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Electrical Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Electrical Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs.3,20,000 & Rs. 5,00,000|
|Electrical Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $99,070|
About Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is the field where mainly we deal with the energy that runs our world. It is a technical subject concerned with the study, design and application of equipment, devices & systems which use electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Electrical engineering is now divided into a wide range of fields including power engineering, radio-frequency engineering, telecommunications, signal processing, instrumentation and electronics. Electrical engineers work in a wide range of industries and the skills required are likewise variable. Now a days it also involves in computer, electronics, communication and in mechanical fields.
Courses & Duration
Electrical Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Some core topics in Electrical Engineering course are:
- DC Machines and Transformers
- Digital Electronic Circuits
- Control System Engineering
- Engineering Electro magnetics
- Rotating AC Machines
- High Voltage Engineering
- Utilization of Electrical Power
- Microprocessor and Micro controller
- Electrical Drives and Traction Systems
- Digital Signal Processors for Electrical Engineering
- Power System Protection and Switch gear
- Environment and Energy Studies
- Thermal and Hydraulic Prime Movers
- Electrical Engineering Materials
- Fundamentals of Power Electronics
- Analysis of Electrical Power System
- Power Electronic Converters
Qualification & Eligibility
The Electrical Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
For B.Tech, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 55% marks from a recognized board of education are eligible to pursue the course. Students must also have taken part in Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates to take part in the admission procedure. For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Electrical Engineering colleges in India
- IIT Madras – Department of Electrical Engineering
- IIT Delhi – Department of Electrical Engineering
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology (IITB)
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology (IITKGP)
- IIT Kanpur – Indian Institute of Technology (IITK)
- IIT Roorkee – Indian Institute of Technology (IITR)
- IIT Guwahati – Indian Institute of Technology (IITG)
- College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University (CEG) – Chennai
- IIT Hyderabad – Indian Institute of Technology (IITH)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) – Pilani
Scope & Career Opportunities for Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering is a core branch of Engineering. Electrical Engineers are always in demand, since most Industries use electricity and electronic machines. Engineers required by Industries for operational, maintenance and manufacturing purposes. In government sector there is scope for Electrical Engineers especially in Indian Railways i.e., Electrical Engineer, Assistant Electrical Engineers. As well as in private sector there is huge scope for these Electrical Engineers especially in manufacturing industries. Manufacturing industries makes use of electricity and machines. so large proportions of industries hire Electrical Engineers.After pursuing their graduation they may find job posts in various industries like
- Electrical Engineer
- Assistant Electrical Engineer
- Plant designing and planning officer
- Purchase and Quality Control Executive
- Automation Engineer
After pursuing their Master’s they may also take up Teaching job in Colleges/institutions. And after Ph.D., one may work in Research & Development sector.
Role & Responsibilities of Electrical Engineers
Electrical Engineers Role is to design electrical systems by developing and testing components. The Responsibilities of Electrical Engineers are:
- Perform with site staff and external experts to supervise & enhance site electrical systems utilization.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching & testing, manufacturing and assembly methods & materials.
- Coordinate & direct manufacturing, construction,support, installation, maintenance, documentation and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information & trends.
- Design new electrical engineering & control systems.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s objectives and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Confer with engineers, customers & others to discuss the potential engineering projects & products.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute & establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards & specifications.
- Contributes to make team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Salaries of Electrical Engineers
The Annual income of an Electrical Engineer in India is Rs.3,66,984/- and per hour the salary of an Electrical Engineer is Rs.104.55. The highest pay is more than Rs.1,26,230/- per month and the lowest pay is less than Rs.25,000/- per month. As per some researches, the average salary of an Electrical Engineers in India is generally in between 3-5 Lakh rupees per anum.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Electrical Engineering Course Details like About Electrical Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.