Download Ecology Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Sciences. Ecology is one of the subjects in Bachelor of Science. Here we provide the materials for the important concepts of Cell Membranes, Ecosystem, Community Ecology, Humans and Ecology, etc. Download the Study Books, Important Questions of this subject from Exams Time website for better preparation. Unit wise PDFs are also provided below.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Ecology Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Ecology|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Environment and its Components
- Environmental Components: 1. Light, Temperature, and Atmosphere
- Environmental Components: 2. Water
- Environmental Components : 3. Soil
- Ecology and Ecosystem
Ecosystem: Functioning Types
- Types of Ecosystems: 2 Aquatic Ecosystems
- Types of Ecosystems: 1 Terrestrial Ecosystems
- Nutrient Cycling
- Ecosystem Functioning
- Population Parameters and Regulation
- Community Organisation and Interaction among Organisms
- Community Change
- Nature and Structure of Community
Humans and Ecology
- Environmental Pollution: Causes, Consequences, and Control
- Ecosystem Degradation and the Wildlife
- An Overview of Human Evolution and Human Population
Ecology Study Books
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Science. The following university students can also download Ecology study materials :
- Banaras Hindu University
- University of Calcutta
- Delhi University
- University of Calicut
- Bangalore University
- Kanpur University
Subject in the Semesters
Ecology subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc IV Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Cell Biology subject :
|Environment and its Components||Download|
|Ecosystem: Functioning Types||Click Here|
|Humans and Ecology||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Ecology subject :
- Define terms such as ecology, environment, population, community, ecosystem, and biosphere?
- Describe the three main subdivisions of ecology, namely autecology, synecology and habitat ecology?
- Distinguish between natural and man-made (artificial) environments?
- Describe the components of an ecosystem.
- Describe the characteristic features of community?
- Distinguish between major and minor community?
- Describe the composition and stratification of the earth’s atmosphere?
- Explain the importance of adaptations in plants and animals to different light conditions and extremes of temperature and wind.
- Differentiate between quality, quantity, and duration of light and its importance to various ecosystems and describe instruments used for light measurement.
- Describe the ecological adaptations in plants and animals to scarcity and over-abundance of water.
- Describe the hydrological cycle and distribution of water on the earth.
- Distinguish between fresh, saline and brackish water and indicate how living organisms are adapted to these conditions?
- Define soil, and describe its nature and composition.
- Differentiate between different types of soils.
- Distinguish between light and heavy soils.
- Describe soil-water relationship in relation to plant growth.
- Explain the importance of permeability and aeration to plant growth and soil fertility?
- Define the terms ‘ecological efficiency’, ‘energy budget’, and ‘ecological feedback’.
- Describe gross primary production, net primary production, and secondary production.
- Explain food-chain, food web, and flow of energy through the ecosystem.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Ecology Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.