Check out the notifications of Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Admissions 2020. The University offers B.F.Sc., B.E., PG, Diploma & Ph.D. Courses in both regular & Distance Education mode. Candidates who are willing to get admission in TNJFU can visit the official website of the University. Through this article, we are going to provide the Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University (தமிழ்நாடு டாக்டர் ஜே.ஜெயலலிதா மீன்வள பல்கலைக்கழகம்) Admissions, Application Process, Courses Offered, Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Important Links, Faculty, Fees Structure, Contact Details. Continue reading his article to get more information on TNJFU Admissions 2020.
- Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Admit Card
- TNJFU Time Table
- TNJFU Courses and Syllabus
- TNJFU Question Papers
- Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Result
Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University
|Name of the Organisation||Tamil Nadu Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University|
|Location||Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu|
|Admission based on||Merit List|
|Courses||UG, PG, Diploma & Ph.D. Programs|
|Mode of Application||Online/offline|
|Contact number||04365- 240558|
|Official Website||Click here|
Tamil Nadu Dr. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University was established in the year 2012, under the recognition of UGC as a state university. The University is named after the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Dr. J.Jayalalithaa. It was established under the TNFU (Tamil Nadu Fisheries University) Act, 2012. TNJFU has more than 1500 students, offering UG, PG and Ph.D. level programs. Admission to these courses is based on the score received in 10+2, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs respectively.
TNJFU has more than 8 constituent colleges, offering courses in the field of fisheries at different levels to the students. The University consists of 11 colleges, 45 Constituent Units & 600 Staff members. TNJFU has signed MOU’s with some of the leading international universities and organizations i.e., Auburn University – USA, the University of Las Palmas de Gran Cavarn – Spain, James Cook University – Australia, Curtin University – Australia, and the University of Arizona – USA offering industrial training programs to the students.
Regular & Distance Education Courses and Duration
The University provides the same courses in Regular & Distance Education mode (except Diploma). The diploma is the only course that is added in DDE mode other than all courses. Here we have provided both regular & distance education courses & its duration.
|B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||4 years|
|B.E. (Fisheries Engineering)||4 years|
|M.F.Sc. (Master of Fisheries Science)||2 years|
Here we have provided the eligibility criteria for both regular & distance education courses:
- B.F.Sc. – The minimum eligibility is passing (10+2) from the recognized board with 45% aggregate marks.
- B.E. – The minimum eligibility for this course is to pass (10+2) with physics, chemistry & Mathematics or Biology as the compulsory subject with a min of 45% aggregate marks
- M.F.Sc. – Candidates should have to pass B.F.Sc. in a relevant subject with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Ph.D. Courses – Candidates should have to pass his/her masters in relevant discipline with the min. of 50% aggregate Score.
- Diploma – The minimum eligibility of Diploma is to pass (10+2) in the equivalent stream.
Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Admissions
Distance Education Admissions & Application Forms
Prospectus & Application Form
- UG Admission Prospectus – Download
- Download UG Call letter
- NRI UG Application
- Foreign Nationals Application
- MBA Online Application
- TNJFU PG Admission Prospectus Download
- MBA Prospectus – Download
- Prospectus for M.Sc. Biotechnology
- Online Applications; Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Prospectus
- Diploma Course Application
- Diploma Prospectus Download
Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Regular Courses Guidelines
- UG NRI Guidelines
- Foreign Nationals Guidelines of UG Courses
- PG Guidelines for NRI
- PG Guidelines for foreign category
Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Application Process
Step by step process to apply for Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Admissions:
- Visit the official website of the University – http://www.tnjfu.ac.in/
- From the home page, click on the ‘Academics’ tab.
- From the dropdown menu, click on the ‘Admissions’ tab which is at the controller of the examination section.
- A page will appear & click on the desired application form of a particular course. The form will display on the screen.
- Fill all the necessary details, upload the scanned Passport Size Photo, Signature, and the relevant documents.
- Check the details & submit the Application.
The following details are the Directorates of Tamil Nadu Dr.J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University:
- Directorate of Incubation & Vocational Training in Aquaculture (DIVA)
- Directorate of Sustainable Aquaculture (DSA)
- Thanjavur Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (Thanjavur CeSA)
- Mandapam Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (Mandapam CeSA)
- Kanyakumari (GPM) Ganapathipuram Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (KK Ganapathipuram CeSA)
- Kanyakumari – Parakai Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (KK – Parakai CeSA)
- Krishnagiri – Barur Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (Krishnagiri Barur CeSA)
- Erode – Bhavanisagar Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (Erode – Bhavanisagar CeSA)
- Trichy Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture (Trichy CeSA)
- Directorate of Incubation & Vocational Training in Fisheries (DIVF)
- Directorate of Research
- Directorate of Extension Education
- Kayalaham – Sales Outlet
Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Administration
- Board of Management
- Academic Council
- Research Council
- Extension Education Council
- Planning Board
- Board of Studies
- Board of Examination
- Finance Committee
Fees Structure of Regular & DDE Courses
- UG Fees Structure
- PG Fees Structure
- M.Sc. Fees Structure
- MBA Prospectus
- Ph.D. Fees Structure
- Diploma Fees Structure
- Good environment
- University located near the beach which is more attractive
- Worst Staff
- Things were not done in a particular order
Ratings – 3.0/5
Frequently Asked Questions
Does TNJFU is UGC Approved?
Ans. Tamil Nadu Dr. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University is recognized as a state university by the ‘University Grants Commission’ in 2012.
Does Tamil Nadu Dr. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University provides Engineering courses?
Ans. Yes. The University provides B.E. in Fisheries Engineering. This course is first introduced in TNJFU in India.
What is the Eligibility to enter into TNJFU?
Ans. The Eligibility depends upon the courses you choose. For different courses, there would be different eligibility criteria. Please read the complete article to know about the eligibility of courses.
Tamil Nadu Dr. J. Jayalalithaa Fisheries University
Vettar River View Campus,
Nagapattinam – 611 002
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone : 04365- 240558
Hope you may get complete details of Tamil Nadu Dr. J Jayalalithaa Fisheries University Admissions 2020 – Admissions, the Application process, Eligibility criteria, Courses Offered, Duration, Important Links, Fees, Faculty, Contact Details. Share this article with your friends.