Disaster Preparedness Study Materials: Download Disaster Preparedness Study Materials 2021. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. Students of PGDDM can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article Disaster Preparedness Study Materials, we are going to provide Disaster Preparedness Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions on this topic, and Download Links. Continue reading the below article Disaster Preparedness Study Materials for more information regarding the Social Studies Notes.
Table of Contents
Disaster Preparedness Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Disaster Preparedness|
|Useful for||Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management|
|Course Type||Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
Unit wise PDFs, Chapters & Topics
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management. The topics covered in this subject are given below at a place for the convenience of the learner. Try to cover all the chapters for better knowledge of the subject.
- Disaster Management: Prevention, Preparedness, and Mitigation
- Disaster Preparedness: Concept and Nature
- Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Disaster Preparedness for People with Special Needs/Vulnerable Groups
- Disaster Preparedness with Relevance to Housing, Infrastructure and Live Stock
- Community-based Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Role of Information, Education, Communication, and Training
- Disaster Preparedness: Role and Responsibilities of Central, State, District, and Local Administration
- Disaster Preparedness: Role and Responsibilities of Armed Forces, Polices, Para-military Forces, National Service Scheme and Scouts
- Disaster Preparedness: Role and Responsibilities of International Agencies, Non-governmental Organisation, Community-based Organisations, Community and Media
- Information Technology: Role in Disaster Preparedness with Special Reference to Geographical Information System
- Use and Application of Emerging Technologies in Disaster Preparedness-I
- Use and Application of Emerging Technologies in Disaster Preparedness-II
- Disaster Mitigation
- Disaster Mitigation Strategies
- Emerging Trends in Disaster Mitigation-I
- Emerging Trends in Disaster Mitigation-II
- Mitigation Management – I
- Mitigation Management – II
Disaster Management Study Books
|Disaster Preparedness||Click Here|
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management. The following university students can also download these materials :
- University of Calicut
- Rai Technology University
- Boston University
We have mentioned some of the important questions in the Disaster Preparedness subject :
- Explain briefly how vulnerability and development are linked.
- Discuss the role of preparedness in reducing the effects of disasters?
- Explain the concept of disaster mitigation.
- Discuss the concept and significance of a disaster preparedness plan.
- Explain the significance of disaster prevention?
- Describe the essentials of an effective disaster preparedness plan.
- Explain various measures of disaster preparedness?
- Bring out the essentials of disaster preparedness.
- Explain the role of women in disaster preparedness activities?
- Analyze the impact of disasters on vulnerable groups?
- Explain the preparedness measures for livestock management.
- Discuss the various dimensions of disaster preparedness with relevance to housing and infrastructure.
- Bring out the components and strategies of IEC and training.
- Highlight the nature and significance of Information, Education, Communication (LEC), and training.
- Describe the government’s approach in dealing with disasters.
- Explain the working mechanisms of the district administration and other field-level agencies in tackling disasters?
- What are the strategies for disaster preparedness at the field level?
- Discuss their interaction with government agencies during disaster situations.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the National Service Scheme, National Cadet Corps, Scouts, and Guides.
- Discuss the role of international agencies in the field of disaster preparedness?
- Examine the role of media in a disaster situation?
- Highlight the non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations’ contribution towards disaster preparedness?
- Describe the important aspects of meteorological and hydrological disaster preparedness?
- Discuss the role of science and technology in disaster preparedness.
- Explain the concept of disaster mitigation?
- Discuss the important mitigation tools.
- Enumerate the guiding principles of mitigation?
- Explain the approaches to disaster mitigation?
- Explain the significance of teamwork regarding existing institutional mechanisms in the national disaster management framework.
Recommended Books for Disaster Preparedness
The books that are useful for knowing about Disaster Preparedness are given here. These are available online and can be downloaded for learning.
- Disaster Management and Preparedness (PB 2019) by Dhawan, Paperback
- IGNOU MPA 4 Disaster Preparedness IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Disaster Management (PGDDM) by CHAKRADHAR PUBLICATION Spiral-bound
We hope this article Disaster Preparedness Study Materials will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Disaster Preparedness Study Materials Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results, and still many more.