Download Decentralization and Local Governance Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Studies. Students of MA in Sociology can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. Through this article, we are going to provide Decentralisation and Local Governance Study Materials, Study Notes, PDFs, Chapters & Topics, Important Questions in this topic and Download Links. Continue reading the below article for more information regarding the Social Studies Notes.
Other Links :
- European Union in World Affairs
- Understanding Natural Disasters
- Risk Assessment and Vulnerability Analysis
Table of Contents
Decentralization and Local Governance Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Decentralization and Local Governance|
|Useful for||Master of Arts in Sociology|
|Course Type||Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
- Intra-Local Government Relationship- II- Urban
- Development Planning: Nature and Scope
- Micro-Level Plans: Formulation and Implementation
- Structural Reforms: Resources, Finances, Powers, and Functions
- Capacity Building of Grassroots Functionaries
- Sustainable Development and Challenges to Decentralised Governance
- Decentralization: The Road Ahead
- Concept, Evolution, and Significance of Democratic Decentralisation
- Contextual Dimensions of Democratic Decentralisation-1: Political, Constitutional and Administrative
- Contextual Dimensions of Democratic Decentralisation-Ii: Social, Economic and Geographical
- Understanding Decentralisation in Contemporary Settings
- Components of Decentralised Development – I: Empowerment
- Components of Decentralised Development – II: Socioeconomic and Politico-administrative
- Components of Decentralised Development – III Equal Distribution of Benefits of Development
- Partnership Among Different Levels of Government – I: Union and State Governments
- Partnership Among Different Levels of Government – II: Local Authorities and Special Purpose Agencies
- Partnership Between Local Government and Non-State Agencies/Actors
- Impact of Decentralised Development
- Evolution of Local Governance (Before 73rd & 74th) Amendment
- Features Of 73rd and 74th constitutional Amendment
Local Governance Study Books
|Decentralization and Local Governance||Click Here|
Subject to the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Master of Arts in Sociology. The following university students can also download these materials :
- Pondicherry University
- Rai Technology University
Subject in the Semesters
Decentralization and Governance subject will be studied in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- MA Sociology III Semester
We have mentioned some of the important questions in the Decentralization and Local Governance subject :
- Define the systemic ordering of urban local government?
- What are the chief issues in intra tier local government relationship?
- Discuss Polycentricity?
- Highlight the division of functional responsibilities and linkages among the different levels of government and different tiers of urban local government.
- Define the meaning of development planning?
- Describe the rational behind development planning?
- Discuss the constraints in micro-level planning?
- Describe the tenth plan priorities?
- Explain the structure, powers and functions of local bodies?
- Discuss the resources of local bodies?
- Define the agenda for the future.
- Explain the significance of capacity building at the local level?
- Highlight the significance of e-governance in this context.
- Explain the evolution and significance of Democratic Decentralization?
- Describe the Democratic Decentralization pattern in India.
- Highlight the contextual dimensions of decentralization from the point of social, economic and geographical.
- Define the concept of decentralized administration?
- Analyze the issues relating to decentralization?
- What are the political and administrative possibilities inherent in decentralization?
- Explain the importance of Decentralisation?
- Define the problems and shortcomings of the new system?
- Discuss the legislative framework and functioning of Decentralisation in the context of 73rd & 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts?
- Explain the meaning of Empowerment?
- Discuss the need for Empowerment?
- Explain various initiatives taken for Empowerment?
- Analyze the operational framework of empowerment?
- Discuss the problems and constraints coming in the way of empowerment?
- Define the socio-economic as also the politico-administrative components of decentralized development?
- Analyze the socio-economic and politico-administrative components of decentralized development?
- Define what is development in the context of equal distribution of befits of development;
- Explain the basic principles and criteria employed for the distribution of benefits of development?
- Discuss the theories of justice?
- What are the factors influencing people preference for distribution?
- Explain the importance of decentralization?
- Discuss the impact of decentralized development?
- Highlight the constraints of decentralized development?
- Explain the certain reforms for making decentralized development a success.
- Explain the origin of local governance in India?
- Explain the evolution of Panchayati Raj Institutions?
- Discuss the initiatives taken by various committees on local governance
- Explain the weaknesses of the local governance before the 73rd and 74th Amendments.
- Describe the features of the 73rd and 74th constitutional amendment?
- Discuss the initiatives after economic reforms?
- Outline the functioning of local governance in various states after the amendment?
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Decentralization and Local Governance Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.