Computer Engineering Course Details: Check out the Computer Engineering Course Details 2021. Computer Engineering is said to be one of the trendiest branch of Engineering. Now a days people are showing more interest in Software field. Candidates who are interested in software development, programming, computer science and have good analytical and reasoning skills may pursue this course. If you are searching for the details of Computer Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information.
Through this article Computer Engineering Course Details, we are going to provide the Computer Engineering Course Details like About Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article Computer Engineering Course Details to get complete information about Computer Engineering.
Other Links :
- Computer Animation Course Details 2021 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Electrical Engineer Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Computer Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 1 to 12 Lacs|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Computer Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Computer Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Computer Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs.5,50,000.|
|Computer Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $11,000|
About Computer Engineering Course Details
Computer Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, implementation and maintaining software. It integrates several fields of comp.sci. and electronic engineering required to develop computer software and hardware. Software engineers are involved in many aspects of computing, from the design of microprocessors, personal computers and supercomputers to circuit designing & writing software that powers them. The program, which lays emphasis on the basics of computer programming & networking, comprises a plethora of topics. Mainly this course is focusing on communications and wireless networks, modulation and error-control coding, and information theory.
Computer Engineering Course Details – Duration
Computer Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Computer Engineering consists of following subjects:
- Communication Skills
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Electronics and Semiconductors
- Logic Design
- Data Structure and Management
- Database Management
- Object Oriented Programming using C++
- File Structure
- Computer Networks
- Operating System
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Software Engineering
- Programming using Java
- Advanced Processors
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Theory of Computation
- Web Scripting
- Web Technology
Computer Engineering Course Details – Qualification & Eligibility
The Computer Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education. Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part in the admission process. For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Computer Science Engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology Chennai (IITM) – Madras
- IIT Delhi – Indian Institute of Technology (IITD)
- Delhi Technological University (DTU)
- IIT Bombay – Indian Institute of Technology (IITB)
- IIT Kharagpur – Indian Institute of Technology (IITKGP)
- IIT Kanpur – Indian Institute of Technology (IITK)
- IIT Guwahati – Indian Institute of Technology (IITG)
- CEG – College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University
- IIT Hyderabad – Indian Institute of Technology (IITH)
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (NITT)
Career and Scope in Computer Engineering
Now a days IT sector is a booming field as compared to the other sectors. It has taken the top position in placements when compared to the other fields. There is a huge demand of Software Engineers and program developers. Not only in IT sector but also they have scope in Government sector and Private sector. After pursuing their graduation they may take up job posts like
- Software Engineer
- Project Manager
- Software Tester
- Application Developer
Role & Responsibilities of Software Engineer
Computer science Engineer must have a thorough understanding of computer systems, in order to recognize any hardware limitations that could impact software design. The role of software developers is to develop applications that enable people to perform specific tasks on a computer or another device. A typical Software Engineer Responsibilities includes:
- Develops computer instructions through the use of algorithms.
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and developing standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining and improving existing code bases and peer review code changes.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant.
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs.
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations & designing and implementing systems.
- Liaising with colleagues to implement new technical designs.
Salaries of software Engineers
The Annual average salary of software Engineer in India is Rs 495,334 per year and the average salary of per hour is Rs.303.10. The highest pay is more than Rs.6,96,908 per year and the lowest pay is less than Rs.3,45,000/- per year.The average starting salary of computer Engineers is generally between 3-5 Lakh Rupees per year. In abroad, they can earn an average salary of $106,710.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Computer Engineering Course Details 2021 like About computer Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.