Download Computer Aided Process Planning Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for the School of Engineering and Technology. Students of Mechanical Engineering can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation. This subject will come for MECH & DCIM. Our website Exams Time has come up with the best materials for the main concepts of Introduction to Process Planning, Elements of CAPP, CAPP Analysis, etc. Continue reading the below article to download the study books.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Computer Aided Process Planning Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Computer Aided Process Planning|
|Category||School of Engineering and Technology|
|Useful for||Mechanical Engineering and Diploma in Computer Integrated Management (DCIM)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Diploma Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
|Computer Aided Process Planning||Download|
Chapters & Topics
Introduction to Process Planning
- Computer Aided Process Planning
- Process Planning
- Production Planning, Processes Planning and Operation Planning
Elements of CAPP
- Material Selection and Process Handling
- Process Selection and Sequencing
- Machine and Tool Selection
- Part Print Analysis
- CAPP Techniques
- Process Capability Studies
- Time and Cost Analysis
- Tolerance Analysis
Implementation of CAPP
- CAPP for Forming Processes
- CAPP for Casting and Welding
- CAPP for Machining Processes
- Overview of CAPP System
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing Diploma in Computer Integrated Management, Mechanical Engineering. The following university students can also download Computer Aided Process Planning study materials :
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology
- Anna University
- GITAM University
Subject in the Semesters
Computer Aided Process Planning subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- Mechanical Engineering V Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of CAPP subject :
|Introduction to Process Planning||Download|
|Elements of CAPP||Click Here|
|Implementation of CAPP||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important topics of Computer Aided Process Planning study materials :
- Briefly explain the concept of computer-aided process planning.
- What are the different types of CAPP system.
- Explain the benefits of CAPP system.
- Differentiate between process planning and CAPP system.
- Explain the steps in automatic process planning, and
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of CAPP.
- What is process planning.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a process plan.
- Describe the duties of a process planner.
- Define the production planning system.
- Describe production planning and operational planning.
- Explain the significance of computer-aided process planning in computer integrated manufacturing.
- Explain the role of material selection in the design process.
- What are the factors affecting the material selection.
- Explain the importance of selection of the right manufacturing process.
- What are the properties of important tool and work material.
- Explain the knowledge-based process planning.
- What are the functional surfaces of the workpiece?
- Decide the sequence of operations to be performed on the workpiece.
- Define Machine cost and Tool cost.
- What are the different types of tolerances.
- Describe the importance of tolerance analysis.
- Explain the role of process planning in CAD/CAM integration.
- What are the different approaches to process planning for machining operations.
- Describe the criteria for selecting the CAPP system for a particular application.
- Explain the need and objectives for developing a CAPP System for sheet metal forming.
- Explain the working of typical CAPP Systems for Stamping and Drawing operations.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Computer Aided Process Planning Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.