Download Comparative Government and Politics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for Social Sciences. Comparative Government and Politics is one of the subjects in the courses of MA, BA in Political Science. Here we provide the materials for the important concepts of Comparative methods and Approaches, National Movement and Anti-colonial struggles, Society, Economy and State, etc. Download the Study Books, Important Questions of this subject from Exams Time website for better preparation. Unit wise PDFs are also provided below.
Other Links :
- Political Theory
- Modern Indian Political Thought
- International Relations
- Political Ideas and Ideologies
Table of Contents
Comparative Government and Politics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Comparative Government and Politics|
|Useful for||MA & BA in Political Science|
|Course Type||Under Graduation & Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Chapters & Topics
Comparative methods and Approaches
- Nature, Scope and Utility of Comparative Study of Politics
- Comparative Method and Strategies of Comparison
- Institutional Approach
- Systems Approach
- The Political Economy Approach
National Movement and Anti-colonial Struggles
- Ideology, Social Bases and Programmes of National Movements
- Patterns of Anti-Colonial Struggles
- Dynamics of State Formation in Colonial Era
Society, Economy, and State
- Social Structures and Stratification
- Class Formation
- Social Bases of State Power
- Development Strategies
Classification of Political Regimes
- Modes of Classification of Political Regimes
- Democratic and Authoritarian Regimes
- Civilian and Military Regimes
- Secular and Theocratic Regimes
Institutions and Forms of Government
- Organs of Government: Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
- Unitary and Federal Systems: Patterns and Trends in Federal Systems
Patterns of Political Participation and Representation
- Party Systems
- Pressure Groups
- Electoral Process
- Trade Union Movement
- Women’s Movement
- Human Rights Movements
Globalization and The Developing World
- Globalization: Background and Features
- Impact of Globalisation on Developing Societies
- Globalization and the Response of the Developing Countries
Comparative Political Systems Study Books
|Comparative Government and Politics||Click Here|
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Master of Arts (Political Science). The following university students can also download Comparative Politics study materials :
- University of Calicut
- University of London
- Lovely Professional University
- Utkal University
- Pondicherry University
Subject in the Semesters
Comparative Politics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- MA Political Science II Semester
- BA Political Science IV Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Comparative Politics subject :
|Comparative methods and Approaches||Download|
|National Movement and Anti-colonial Struggles||Click Here|
|Society, Economy, and State||Download|
|Classification of Political Regimes||Click Here|
|Institutions and Forms of Government||Download|
|Patterns of Political Participation and Representation||Click Here|
|Globalization and The Developing World||Click Here|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Comparative Politics subject :
- What is the significance of the comparative method to the field of Comparative Politics?
- What is method? What is the comparative method? How can the comparative method be distinguished from other methods?
- How does one use the comparative method in the study of politics?
- What are the various attributes of political economy as a concept?
- Explain the meaning of national movements?
- Describe the ideology of national movements?
- Explain the means adopted in different colonies in their struggles?
- Explain the nature and functions of the colonial state?
- Outline the different perspectives on social stratification?
- Define the relation between social structures and social practices?
- Explain the meaning of the term class?
- Define and explain various theories of class formation?
- Explain the classical capitalist method of development in the West and Japan?
- Describe the Soviet-style socialist model of development and its failure now?
- Describe the changing patterns of classification?
- Describe different forms of democratic government?
- Distinguish the terms government, political system, and political regime?
- Explain the evolution of democratic regimes?
- Explain different patterns of civil-military relations?
- Describe military regimes and their features?
- Describe the consequences of military rule for society, economy, and polity.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Comparative Government and Politics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.