Check out the Chemical Engineering Course Details. Chemical Engineering is said to be one of the older branch of Engineering. Now a days people are showing more interest on Chemical Engineering courses. If you are searching for the details of Chemical Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information regarding Chemical Engineering. Through this article, we are going to provide the Chemical Engineering Course Details like About Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete information about Chemical Engineering.
Other Links :
- Petroleum Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Chemical Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Chemical Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 2,50,000 and 9,00,000|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Chemical Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Chemical Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Chemical Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs. 5,00,000 to Rs.10,00,000.|
|Chemical Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $96,230|
About Chemical Engineering
Chemical engineering is a branch that uses principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics, biology, and economics to efficiently produce, design, transport and transform energy and materials. Chemical engineers are involved in many aspects of plant design & operation, process design & analysis, including safety and hazard assessments, modeling, controlling, chemical reaction engineering, nuclear engineering, biological engineering, construction specification, and operating. Chemical engineers work may range from the utilization of nano-technology and nano-materials in the laboratory to large-scale industrial processes that convert raw materials, living cells, microorganisms and energy into useful forms and products.
Chemical Engineering – Courses & Duration
Chemical Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Chemical Engineering consists of
- Inorganic chemical technology
- Momentum transfer
- Process calculation
- Organic chemical technology
- Physical chemistry
- Transforms and partial differential equations
- Chemical Engineering thermodynamics
- Chemical Process Plant Safety
- Particulate science and technology
- Environmental engineering
- Process Instrumentation Dynamics and Control
- Bio-Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering Course Details – Qualification & Eligibility
The Chemical Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education. Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part in the admission process. For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 20 Chemical Engineering colleges in India
- IIT, Bombay
- NIT Surathkal
- Jadavpur University Faculty Council of Engineering & Technology
- SSN Colleges of Engineering Chennai
- IIT, Delhi
- IIT, Kanpur
- MNNIT Allahabad
- MNIT Jaipur
- IIT, Kharagpur
- IIT, Madras
- VNIT Nagpur
- Thapar University Patiala
- IIT, Roorkee
- BITS Pilani
- NIT Rourkela
- Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal
- IIT BHU Varanasi
- IIT Guwahati
- R.V.College of Engineering Bangalore
- NIT Trichy
Career and Scope in Chemical Engineering
Chemical Engineering field is expanding and with the expansion, new job opportunities are also generated. In this field, Both Government and Private sector jobs are available. In government sector there is scope in firms like ONGC, DRDO, BPCL, Indian Oil Corporation, State owned Fertilizer manufacturing Industires, Food and Drug Department etc., and In private, they may find jobs in different sectors like- Petrochemical sector, Petroleum refineries like Reliance & Essar, Cement Factories, Fertilizer Factories, Food Processing & Technology sector, Pharmaceutical sector, Biotechnology Sector and so on. After pursuing their graduation they may find job posts like
- Chemical Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Purchase and Quality Control Executive
- Plant Managers
- Plant Designers
- Safety Management Officer
Role & Responsibilities of Chemical Engineer
A Chemical engineer is to work in manufacturing biotechnology or health care products. Their discoveries were made by chemists, chemical engineers use computer models and other processes to test the efficiency of these products and to determine their safety for consumers and environment. Responsibilities of chemical engineers are as follows:
- Coordinate, plan and schedule projects for chemical technicians to meet goals.
- Provide engineering support for chemical operations & equipment.
- Implementing new ideas to improve quality and efficiency of operations.
- Provide support to maintain safe, stable and reliable operations.
- Develop preventive maintenance program and participate in Process Hazard Analysis PHA & Process Safety Management PSM programs.
- Assist in designing of new & improved chemical processes.
- creating the process by which gas or liquid components are separated
- Gathering estimates of the cost of production
- Develops safety programs to promote safe & secure workplace.
Salaries of Chemical Engineers
Mostly, The salary is depends upon the Qualifications and talent of the Engineer. The Annual income of an Chemical Engineer in India is Rs.4,83,984/- and per hour the salary of an Chemical Engineer is Rs.100.00. The highest pay is more than Rs.5,89,908 per year and the lowest pay is less than Rs.2,55,000/- per year. As per some researches, the average salary of an Chemical Engineers in India is generally in between 3-7 Lakh rupees per anum.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Chemical Engineering Course Details like About Chemical Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.