Check out the Biomedical Engineering Course Details. Biomedical Engineering is relatively the newly introduced branch of Engineering. Candidates who have an interest in the field of Engineering, Technology and Biology may pursue the Biomedical Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Biomedical Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Biomedical Engineering course Details like About Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Biomedical Engineering.
Other Links :
- Agricultural Engineering Course Details 2019 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Electrical Engineer Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Biomedical Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 4.25 to 8.56 Lakh for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Biomedical Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Biomedical Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Biomedical Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is Rs. 3,03,833|
|Biomedical Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $91,230|
About Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical engineering is the branch of Engineering that have principles and problem-solving techniques of engineering to biology and medicine. This field seeks to close the gap in between engineering and medicine, combining the design & problem solving skills. This is evident that healthcare from diagnosis and analysis to treatment & recovery and has entered the public conscience. Biomedical engineering focuses on the things that improve human health and health care at all levels. Biomedical engineers differ from other engineering courses that have an influence on human health in that they will use and apply an intimate knowledge of modern biological principles in their engineering design process.
Courses & Duration
Biomedical Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Biomedical Engineering consists of following core subjects:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Switch theory and Logical Design
- Electrical and Electronic Instruments
- Dynamics of Bio fluids
- Material strengths
- Medical Instrumentation
- Principals of Diagnostics and Therapeutic Equipment
- Medical bioinformatics
- Embedded systems in Medicine
- Hospital safety and management
- Principals of radio-logical equipment
Qualification & Eligibility
The Biomedical Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Biomedical Engineering colleges in India
- [IIT] Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- [IIT] Indian Institute of Technology – New Delhi
- [IITM] Indian Institute of Technology Madras – Chennai
- [IIT] Indian Institute of Technology – Mumbai
- [IIT BHU] Indian Institute of Technology – Varanasi
- [VIT University] Vellore Institute of Technology – Vellore
- [LPU] Lovely Professional University – Jalandhar
- [IIT] Indian Institute of Technology – Jodhpur
- [IIT] Indian Institute of Technology – Indore
- [TIET] Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology – Patiala
Biomedical Engineering career and scope
For Biomedical Engineering there is great scope in both government and private sector. In Private sector, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare equipment manufacturing sectors are the prime recruiters. In Government sector, Government agencies such as Drugs Department, State wise Health Departments are also the recruiters for Biomedical Engineering Graduates. They may also find jobs in Clinics, Pathological labs, Hospitals as well as Rehabilitation Clinics. Some of the job posts available for graduates are:
- Biomedical Engineer
- Bioinformatics Engineer
- Equipment Design Engineer
- Medical Coder
- Research Engineer
- Lab Technician/Administrator
Role & Responsibilities of Biomedical Engineer
- Research, develop, design, custom-modify artificial limbs, medical devices & products.
- Designs systems & products such as artificial internal organs, artificial devices that replace body parts and machines for diagnosing medical problems.
- Assist R&D team in designing & developing automated Immunohematology test systems, MRI equipment, drug delivery equipment & other robotic surgical instruments.
- Train clinicians and other personnels on the proper use of equipment
- Ability to create new procedures and devices that addresses health-related issues.
- Develop artificial limbs, heart valves, heart pacemakers and other implants to improve the patient’s condition.
- Ability to develop and validate testing methods
Salaries of Biomedical Engineers
The Annual average salary of Biomedical Engineer is $91,230 per year. The highest pay is more than $182,648 per year and the lowest pay is less than $56,240 per year.The average starting salary of Biomedical Engineers in India is Rs 5,73,548 and the average salary per month is Rs.42,226 and salary of Biomedical Engineer per hour is Rs.525.00.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Biomedical Engineering Course Details like About Biomedical Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Role & responsibilities, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.